After Kyleigh was born, one of the next greatest things we enjoyed, besides having a new little one, was all the good company. So nice to have so many good people stop by and see the newest little edition from Heaven. She is 2 months old now but here are a few photos of the first few days and weeks of her little life.
Gma and Aunty pretty excited to have something to hold again. (She is not picking her nose. I promise. Innocent, remember?)
Looks like Aunty got the first kiss and gives the look of a dare for anyone to challenge that. She definitely has had the most time with baby K. We love any and all trips she makes up North...and we have made a few to meet her at her store so we can see her more.


But in the end, Gma gets the last 'hold'. Kyleigh isn't spitting her tongue out at Gma. I promise this girl has better manners than this.

I was very pleasantly surprised when my cousins Emily and Walker called and said they wanted to stop by and see baby K. I should have posted a picture of the gift Em got Kyleigh. One of the greatest and most thoughtful. Her first ASU outfit! (And even though it's not Brenden's birthday or Christmas yet, Emily also got Brenden an ASU shirt!!) I have the best cousins!!

Em and Walker. Brenden really enjoyed rough-housing with Walker. Walker would lift B up high and then toss him into the love sac. From the look on B's face, he found another fun play-toy. (Oh, you can kinda see the cool ASU cheerleader outfit for baby Kyleigh on the ottoman).



I was very pleasantly surprised when my cousins Emily and Walker called and said they wanted to stop by and see baby K. I should have posted a picture of the gift Em got Kyleigh. One of the greatest and most thoughtful. Her first ASU outfit! (And even though it's not Brenden's birthday or Christmas yet, Emily also got Brenden an ASU shirt!!) I have the best cousins!!

Em and Walker. Brenden really enjoyed rough-housing with Walker. Walker would lift B up high and then toss him into the love sac. From the look on B's face, he found another fun play-toy. (Oh, you can kinda see the cool ASU cheerleader outfit for baby Kyleigh on the ottoman).

Both my mom's sisters who live in Utah came by to visit...bearing gifts as well. Really adorable outfits and soft blankets. Thank you, thank you. They also both brought the whole family to the baby blessing. Such supportive family. I'm so grateful you came. A new life is definitely something worthwhile to celebrate.
And another great surprise was having Aunty Court and 'Aunty' (said in a low voice) Jared. They're going to make great parents! They've already passed the 'driving-in-a-car-with-a-2-year-old-for-6-hours' test. That's a noteworthy accomplishment, as any mom of an active toddler will attest.


Proud new daddy. A very good Daddy. With his "sack-of-potatoes". (That's what my Dad used to call all of us kids when he carried us into our beds).


This lady could get Kyleigh to smile on demand. After she left I spent a few days trying to get the same result. I think I finally got it...either that or she had some pleasant gas bubbles. My Grandma looks radiant in this photo. I got to spend several hours with her before the rest of the crowd showed up. Alot of wisdom to glean from her...just not enough time to do it in.

This blanket on Grandma's lap is one she made. (It is also pictured in the first and last photos of this post). When I brought it to the hospital to take Kyleigh home in, my nurse saw it and called in several of the other nurses on shift and they all admired it extensively. It is the 'ideal' girls quilt. Perfect colors and great pattern.


Pop Pop came up for the baby blessing and as soon as he walked in the door, he sat down on the couch. And was immediately followed by his biggest fan.
Maddy slept over at our house and when I checked on her after one of the nightly feedings, her blanket was coming off. Luckily Kyleigh let Maddy borrow her blanket...and it was plently large enough for the Squid. Now you can see the quilt in all its beauty...and it is big enough for Kyleigh to be able to grow into and use for many, many years. So blessed to have such talent in the family. I really love the blanket and am grateful that my Grandma spent so many hours making it for baby Kyleigh Mae. It's beautiful.






2 comments:
FINALLY some photos I can steal! :) Very nice. I love Brenden's big smile. And I really love all the faces Kyleigh makes. Gosh, I'm a lucky aunt!
She's a cutie! Congrats!
Post a Comment