After checking out the varieties of ducks from the bridge, we ran over to Madagascar. I can never go to this exhibit and not think of my brother Scott and his love for the movie Madagascar. Especially late at night...when leaving the front title page on before pushing play....so you can watch him do the King Julien dance....I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing my video camera.
They have a place to push a button and listen for the different types of Lemur sounds...ie "I'm here! Where are you?" or "Get out, this is my turf!" or "Run! There's danger!"
Lazy Lemurs. No dancing today.
Llama, alpaca, camel....take your pick.
Kyleigh, it was a camel. hehehe
What? I could have sworn the sign said Alpaca!


Condors are HUGE
The above photo reminds me of the video below:
Bats. And my flash to take their picture probably interrupted their beauty sleep. Incarcerated and woken up at all hours of the 'night'. Inconsiderate.
Just like at Hogle zoo in Salt Lake, all the big cats roam around and put on more of a show during the low temps than during the summer when the heat makes them lazy. Kyleigh and Brenden probably sat at this exhibit the longest.
Or maybe it was checking these cats out that kept their rapt attention. We watched Lion King recently. Maybe Simba will be born in a few months.
Barking deer. And they really do bark. Did you know, before reading this post, that these things existed? I didn't before going to the Zoo. How does an animal of these subspecies come about??...I don't want to know.
Red Panda. We are a politically correct zoo. Carry all types of species equally.
This was our last stop before going home. Toes and hands were sufficiently frozen.
Kyleigh, even after this initial run, went again. Surprising.
"Mom, are you getting this? Brenden is about to go down.....hehehe"
Happy little guy. Freezing weather, fingers and toes numb, wet slippery surface all over the play area, but pretty content.
Maybe this is why we keep going to the zoo....





No comments:
Post a Comment