Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lake Farmpark

Lake Farmpark had a kids free day on Presidents day, so we packed up a lunch and drove north 45 min to Kirtland to see some animals. Was very similar to Thanksgiving Point Farm Country...but a little bigger grounds.
Kyleigh is our sheep whisperer.
And goats, too.
They had baby sheep born just 5 days previous. So cool. This spot collected all girls from 2-12. Poor sheep get rude awakening upon being introduced into the world.

Horse arena. Kids wanted to take a pony ride, but line was too long. Thanksgiving point was better in that you had about 6 ponies going at a time and it came included with your admission ticket. This one only had 2 girls walking the ponies around in circles and it cost extra.



I would look at the horses with envy too if I was stuck in a small green prison with 10 others while the horses had a giant arena all to themselves.
Well groomed/braided horses.



Kids enjoyed having some of their play pals from Church around to enjoy the sites.


Right before we left after seeing the sheep, goat, rabbits, pigs, horses, and plants in greenroom, we took a seat in the theatre area for an ice cream making demo and taste. The place was so packed that after Brenden took a crank at the ice cream machine, we just left without our ice cream. I think I promised them a giant shake at home instead of long lines and a mini scoop.


We drove by the Kirtland temple on the way out, but it was closed. I think it's only open certain weekends until the end of March or April. And the kids were exhausted after a whole morning and afternoon running around the farm anyway so they were perfectly content to stay in the car. It was a very quiet ride home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails