Thursday, March 22, 2012

I like mornings like this...

I forgot my phone at the Church gym last night when playing Volleyball with some ladies from the ward and my neighbor next door. Kyleigh and I had to wait around until sleepy B decided to wake up...around 9...almost lunch time! After some strawberry oatmeal and changing out of pj's, we loaded into the car and drove over to the Church building...hoping that it wasn't taken by someone who played basketball that morning at 6am. I had already said a prayer to find it and I was anxious to search the stage where I normally put my stuff. After not seeing it anywhere that it should be, and answering the kids questions of why I left it at the Church, I asked Brenden if he would say a prayer to help us find Mommy's phone. He said sure and we all knelt down. He only got to the part of "bless us to find Mommy's phone" when he suddenly looked up, got off his knees and went towards the piano saying, "I know where it is!". I followed him, and there it was-on top of the piano. A place I would never have looked, but someone else did. I was so excited and Brenden was too. Then I told him and Kyleigh that Jesus just heard his prayer, he was listening to him, and answered him. So we knelt down again and said thanks. Kyleigh kept repeating over and over "Jesus listen to Brenden prayer. Find Mommy's phone on piano." Then she made sure to tell Trent when he got home from school. Luckily, it was a cool experience that seemed to make a good impression on the kids. Maybe I should loose things more often? :) I'd rather not, God probably doesn't help us with the things we can help ourselves with, but for this accidental occasion and the lesson it taught the kids, I'm glad I lost my phone. Brenden learned first hand that someone is listening when he prays.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails