We have excellent neighbors. I don't think we could have hand-picked any better. And they're fun...so that makes it nice when they invite us over for hot chocolate and smores. Little did we know that we would also get a show. One of our neighbors have several boys and Trent was paying careful attention when they showed us what you can do with a rolled up piece of newspaper and a little fire at the end.
This guy did a double roll. B loves going to this house.
B also loves when his sissy comes to the school. He's not alone. Sissy really enjoys the time, too.
I've stated it before, and it's true. These two like being around each other, generally speaking. They have their moments, but they genuinely excited when the other one is coming home from school or an activity and they get to resume their play.
Around Thanksgiving, Target had these great hats....and we just couldn't resist the fun that would come from it. I was traveling home during Thanksgiving day and I saw an airline stewardess taking the tickets wearing this exact hat. (I'll wear the thing, but I'm not quite at the point that I'd wear it out in public yet. Maybe just a public forum...so that I don't have to personally see anyone's eyes roll).
I'm not alone in the hat wearing funny-business. But what's funny about this? This is serious stuff. Don't mess with Captain A.
Another hike to Lake Erie.
Fruit eater.
Had so many apples after the Bauman orchard picking, that I tried out a friend's crockpot applesauce recipe. Smelled as good as it tasted.
B gave a talk in Primary. Best one they've ever heard.
Kyleigh went with me to pick out a lunch box from Trent since the zipper on his broke. She wanted this Batman one for him. I wasn't sure how he'd feel about carrying that around the University campus, so I had to cruelly tell her to put that one down and pick out a plain ol' blue one.
No kidding, this girl does a puzzle, domino matching or regular matching game each. and. every. day. She no longer needs my help on puzzles anymore.
Put something sparkly or pink on her and you'll get one of these:
Take her to the library around here and she won't know if it's for the books or cool toys they have in the play area. I like this library (thanks to the recommendation of a dear friend) because of the floor to ceiling windows that let in the light and Kyleigh likes the kitchen and BBQ station.
When hurricane Sandy hit the East coast, it reached our city and knocked trees into houses of neighbors as well as knock power out in other friend's houses. Our branches in the front yard were tore off from the severe winds. That was one powerful storm system. We are only 5.5 hours from DC.
K Mae had a Halloween party at her preschool. This is her entire class.
They had a blow up castle and blow up ghost, pumpkin making station, bobbing for fake apples, and several games. Well done for a little preschool deal.
She twirls and shoots webs.
Builders at work.
Builders' work.
The parents of Kyleigh's preschool pick a day to be the assistant helper. On my day, I helped Kyleigh carry out some important free play.
In November, I voted. So don't blame me for the state of the union.
Kyleigh is playful, but when it comes to dance, she is serious. I watch her studying her teachers and puts in a bona fide effort.
My Tiny Dancer
Matching game day.
Cool playground called Preston's Hope near an Autism clinic. Best playground I've seen. Mocks a small town with mini firehouse, school house, bank, etc.
She was dancing and singing so I had the camera out to capture a few of these solo performances and she wanted to take a girls shot.
Kids like drawing. The bigger the paper, the better.
Princess-ing it once again. Never is it just a dress and tiara. Gloves, rings, purse and wand are also excellent accessories.
Kyleigh's Princess barbie dolls took over the firehouse.
Creating is her 'happy place'.
Kyleigh didn't really like this Magician. Brenden did. He did some really cool tricks like pull a bowling ball from a balloon, pour water into a cup with no hands, and balance a ton of stuff on his head.
Pals.













































1 comment:
Love all of this Nicole. You inspire me to be an awesome mom. You have some seriously good kids. Miss you and hope all is going well!
Post a Comment