Sunday, January 17, 2016

November.....Gratitude

It is the beginning of November, and I am already feeling extra grateful :)
I wish it was an automatic, without thought, kind of action.
Hopefully gratitude manifests itself like it's friendly partner...Love.
Both should be something more of a verb than an adjective.

Gratitude builds. It strengthens. It makes what I have, enough. It allows me to revel in my abundance rather than sorrow in my lack....even though I am talking about the same exact amount of 'stuff' or 'trials/experiences'.

Gratitude makes me happy. It feels light. It lifts. It draws me from inward thinking to outward purposes. I see all the good around me and I want to bless someone else with the same and give them happiness, too.

It feels like it is a trained thinking path. Or, in other words, it is, for the most part, not a natural feeling or reaction. On the contrary, in the world we live in today, with all the advertisements and internet bringing more and more 'stuff' into our view and to compare with what we currently own, I would say that Gratitude is certainly not a 'natural' feeling. It is something that must be wanted. It should be ...3prayed for. It sometimes requires action! Like

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails