Had a thought tonight.
I made a mistake tonight. I reacted to a situation instead of take the time to act.
I did not step back and look at the problem from an eagle eye point of view.
My mind went to the tv show called Designated Survivor and how Tom Kirkman is able to make hard decisions and gamble on how people are going to react...mainly because it's a tv show and the writers can script the outcome. They can always make Tom win if they want. They can have him slip up but not have the fallout be too harsh. It's all within their creative power on how far or much they will go as far as consequences to his decisions and especially his words.
Then I thought, if I always knew what the outcome would be....if I just had to wait it out a few days, weeks, years....for the opposition to cool off or come to realize something...then it would be much easier for me to be patient....wait it out...not react, and maybe take the punches and be ok with not explaining everything because eventually the truth will be known.
Then I thought that if I was more 'Plan of Salvation conscious'....keeping the grand, big picture in mind.....then my decisions and words would be easier to make and say. I wouldn't be so reactionary. So quick to defend. So hard on making sure all parties knew my position or knowing what theirs was. It maybe wouldn't matter so much. I wouldn't get "stuck in the weeds". I could be happy no matter what others thought or said or did.
I would know that it is only really between me and God anyway.....
Make sure I'm good with Him......then I'm good.
No comments:
Post a Comment