Saturday, September 18, 2010

Batgirl

This face is starting to look less and less like a baby. Already a little girl? She did take her first steps a week ago from yesterday. With these two kids growing up so fast, it's no wonder that in our recent Regional Conference for our Church a leader (named Julie B Beck) counseled the young moms to beware of the amount of time they spend at the computer and other media forms. Being a mother is work. And cannot be done any other way than careful prioritization of time. So many kids are getting too much tv time, computer/video games, and itouch games (I, admittedly, have many games on there for Brenden to keep his attention because I don't think/want to take the effort to entertain him at times). Certainly, this is a sad trend developing, especially with young mothers. Kids should remember running outside and finding gross insects more than killing and defeating armored guards in a dumb game (Brenden doesn't have these kinds of games, but if he plays the train/car games now, it'll only develop into more 'sophisticated' games later if I don't halt this trend now). So, I've made some goals for me and the kids after attending this Regional Conference...(and here I am on the computer...) but after looking at this girl's face and the computer screen, I had to make a choice. Put her down so mommy could get some 'work' done on the computer, or play?

We found her brothers cape and she found and mounted her Batmobile.


Took a bow for the audience (me).

Grabbed a bullet from her brothers stash. Batgirl has to have her ammo.


Trying to fit the bullet into the cannon-thingy.


Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters?!!  But you're BATGIRL! She doesn't need any help!





Brenden was finishing his nap during this time, but as soon as he woke, he came down and took over the playroom. Every single day, the cars are found lined up somewhere. Today they are lined up in a circle around the road structure shown in the picture, completely circling it except for one car which is hiding under the bridge.


Every car must touch the one in front and behind. There is an order to this 'play'.

Mom, don't bother me now...I'm extremely busy. Cars don't just line themselves up, ya know.


Batdude was off-duty and busy, but little Batgirl was all over the place. She even found her Batcave. (But got stuck and couldn't get out without assistance. How embarrassing.)
 

 On the move..



 Fighting crime is fun.

 She's getting an email from someone in distress...gotta go.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

How fun! I'm a firm believer in outside time and luckily I have a little boy who loves outside more than just about anything else and a little girl who wants to follow her brother more than anything else :D But it's also true that dinner would never be made in our house without baby einstein. Still I agree that we have to prioritize our time with our children. Even outside time can be over-used as an excuse to get the kids away from me when I really need to be cherishing my time with them and looking for every opportunity to teach them and be an example to them :D

Simeon also always lines up his trucks and cars like a train :D We have a big playmat with a picture of a town on it and roads. He never drives his cars around on the roads, only his trains :P Kids are so funny :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails