I brought Kyleigh to the Dance studio to sign her up for Ballet. She took off her shoes and went on in. There were no classes that day, it was just the time to sign the kids up for the day and time you want. Just like boys automatically know how to make train and car sounds even before being formally taught, this little girl needed no coaching to jump onto the hardwood to do a couple twirls.
She is one of the younger girls, but she has no problem holding her own. They are required to have a black leotard, pink tights, ballet slippers, and hair in a bun. Kyleigh enjoys getting all dressed up in her 'costume' every week. This last week, as her class got out, the older girls immediately went in her studio room to begin their class. Kyleigh, after taking her ballet slippers off and changing into her regular shoes, goes back to the doorway and stares at the older girls practicing their next dance. It looked like she was awestruck. I've always wanted a sporty girl, but if she wants to dance, who am I to get in her way? (That isn't to say I won't also put her in softball, soccer or volleyball later on) ;)




1 comment:
That is so precious! Don't worry, she can do it all! I did tap dancing before my bball days! :)
Post a Comment