This morning Kyleigh woke up much later than usual. At 8 she
came downstairs and we snuggled on the couch. I covered her whole body in the
blanket and then she was peaking her toes out saying they were cold and I had
to hurry to cover them. Fun little game that made us both giggle. Perfect way to start the day. Then I asked her if she was hungry and
wanted her oatmeal. I made her usual cream of wheat with a little butter and
brown sugar. She sat down at the table and said a most beautiful, little,
sincere prayer. These are my favorite moments. She said, “Bless that my mom
gives me hugs and kisses and I’ll be her best friend, and bless Brenden I’ll be
his best friend and bless the food, Jesus Christ Amen”. Those are her needs
right now-hugs, kisses, friendship and food. Simple and pure. This is the way I
need to live to also be happy. She is a wise teacher and I hope she never grows
out of it.


1 comment:
sweet sweet kids!
Post a Comment