I have 3 kids.
It's now registering.
There's an adjustment period. Isn't that normal?
One kid is a shock. You learn so many new tricks when becoming a Mom for the first time. Then you throw two kids into the mix and if they are both little (Brenden 2 years old and Kyleigh newborn) and you have some days that seem to drag on as you are stretched to a physical limit that you didn't know possible...but find completely attainable when you are given those little hugs and kisses and "I love you, Mommy" moments. It's tough...they are both extremely dependent on my for basic survival...and everyday tasks now take double and triple their normal time length to accomplish. You other Moms know what I'm talking about-meal time, cleaning up messes, toys, laundry....
Three is a different playing field for me. Brenden is 6, Kyleigh 4. They have schedules of their own-school, sports, ballet, friends. They are busy. I am starting to realize that it's true when people say that you should treasure the moments when they are little because they grow up so fast. That is so hard when you are in the middle of the battlefield. But it's true. Kent won't stay this little for long.
It's easier for me to just hold him. To let the laundry go for one more day and spend the time cuddling Kent and playing puzzles with Kyleigh and reading books to Brenden.
This is what my life has become-food prep and clean up, books, laundry folding, puzzles, sweeping floors 2 times a day, fort building, bathing, and good night hugs. And I love it. It's fulfilling. I haven't had the urge to use my college degree for something "more worthwhile". My worth is found here at home.
I like this:
Elder Neal A. Maxwell once asked: “When the real history of mankind is
fully disclosed, will it feature the echoes of gunfire or the shaping
sound of lullabies? The great armistices made by military men or the
peacemaking of women in homes and in neighborhoods? Will what happened
in cradles and kitchens prove to be more controlling than what happened
in congresses?”
I have three children. And how profoundly grateful I am for each one of them.
Brenden is sweet, gentle, kind and insightful. He has taught me things on forgiveness and thinking of others that took me 30+ years to figure out. He doesn't fight back. He's usually in his own world, but has some funny stories and ideas if you take the time to listen to him (it can take awhile for a story to finish at times).
Kyleigh is spunky, energetic, careful and driven. I've never seen a girl so happy to do her 'homework'. She bounces from one activity to the next and will go go go until she finally crashes in the car while driving somewhere or in bed at night.
Kent has some good role models to follow. Honestly, I'm anxious to see what kind of personality he will add to this mix. It will be unique and hopefully we can just highlight his strengths and help curb some of those weaknesses.
1 comment:
Thanks for this post. It is a good reminder to me to enjoy the little moments. Love hearing about your cute family!
Post a Comment