I pause from my reading because I can sense some purpose to his play and find myself enthralled with this little boy. He pushes the ball with not his whole hand. Just enough fingers to get the job done. After awhile, he figures out how to direct the ball and doesn't just whack it every time. At one point, the ball gets stuck under a stool and he cannot reach it from the side he pushed it, but he doesn't give up, and he moves to the other side and is able to make contact with the ball after going down prostrate on his belly. Pardon me, but I find this level of fine motor skills quite remarkable.
Sunday, October 5, 2014
Kent and the Ball
The kids are in bed, well, at least Brenden and Kyleigh are, and baby Kent and I are sitting in the playroom. He took a late nap, so I'm trying to get his energy out before putting him to bed for the night. While he plays with toys (mostly fake vacuum, a ball, and the rolling wheel that makes noise) I grab a book and sit on the floor to let my presence be known. Had I sat on the couch, he may have clamored to climb up and not played so well on the floor. (And he is acutely aware of an audience because not 60 second after I left the room to find my phone to record this scene, did I hear his huffing and bursts of excitement at having found me in the kitchen).
Labels:
kent,
William Kent
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment