Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Rodger Dean turns 1

It's Dean's 1st Birthday today. Big day. Causes me to reflect on how quickly time moves and all that's happened in just one year since we've had Dean. He has brought alot of goodness to our family. He smiles easily, he is easily pleased with a new toy or person who gives him attention. He likes flipping pages of books, rolling balls on the floor and walking with the toy cars and quad downstairs.
I am so happy to be a Mother of four children. Each one of them is so unique and so wonderful in their own right. And it makes me excited to see what new dynamic Dean will continue to add to our family as he grows older. I hope he is gentle like Brenden, determined like Kyleigh, funny like Kent....or none of those things at all.....because he is his own spirit and will show us some more qualities to admire and strive to develop....just like the other kids have done to Trent and I.
Sure, kids make it harder for one to develop their own talents or hobbies...for example, I have really wanted to start up tennis and could go play while Kent is in Preschool, but now I have Dean so unless I make arrangements with a babysitter, I cannot play. Am I sad about this? No, my time for tennis will come eventually...maybe it's when I'm just getting into my 40s, but look at the child I have! He will grow to bring me home paintings that will look like chicken scratch and I'll post it on our fridge like a work belonging in the Smithsonian. He'll run around a field in a sports uniform and some days do no significant work, but we'll beam with pride and tell him how wonderfully he played. Then, he'll learn to read, write, add and subtract. Gosh, then he'll go into Young Men and start to date. Trent will have to teach him how to be a perfect gentleman when taking a lady out on a date. We'll stay up late waiting for him to come home and laugh at how we did this back in 2016 when he was a baby keeping us up at night. So yes, tennis can wait, because these babies sure don't. And I wouldn't want to miss seeing the growth and changes of my newest little addition-Rodger Dean Sorensen.

If nothing else, I hope you grow to be a good man. With a solid reputation for honesty and hard work. Just like the two Rodgers who came before you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails