Trent and I are driving our little rental car in Los Angeles from our hotel in Pasadena to the LAX. The car was the smallest I've ever been in...white, Chevy Spark. We felt very "close" to one another while inside driving. :) There are cars going in all directions. Not a lot of heavy California LA traffic because it's Sunday morning and not a weekday, but still a consistent stream of cars. I started thinking about where they all were going...what their "heading" was. Back to Universal Studios? Disneyland? The beach? A sports game? Restaurant? Work? There was alot of going somewhere happening that Sunday morning.
Then we board our airplane to fly to Las Vegas. I'm excited to see my babies. I can't wait to be back in the throes of motherhood. Sticky faces and fingers. Bedtime stories and goodnight hugs.
I look around at all the people around me. A guy with tattoo and mohawk, a woman with business dress on, a college girl with her laptop and school work going on, a group of people talking about their experience at the club last night, a few foreigners who thought someone was stealing their bag and pushed their way up the aisle only to find the person was just moving their bag to get their own.
Anyway, it was alot of different directions going on. People were headed to all sorts of places that Sunday morning....
And I couldn't be more glad that my "heading" was to the Church....
I wanted to hear the hymns playing.
Listen to testimonies being born.
Gather Primary supplies to ready the room for all the 90 kids that would show up for some instruction.
Hold my babies in my lap and have as many of them as close to me as possible.
It felt good. Like a home away from home. It was so pleasant to have that destination as a sure thing in my life. I cannot put it into the right words......I know that sometimes I get into the mundane routine of what Sunday means. We wake up later than normal, put on church clothes instead of jeans. Spend 3 hours in a church house and come home starving for food. But this Sunday was different. It was anticipated and full of gratitude as a place I can come worship. I was so happy that I had a husband who also wanted to go to church and it wasn't a battle to fight with him whether we would go or not. I was grateful that my children had that habit of attending. I was so happy I was going to be with all the little children of the ward. I love being with them. I used to want to go to Relief Society or Young Women...just not the Primary....but now, that's all I want to do....when I'm on vacation, RS is good to attend, but I feel not as useful as when I get to serve in Primary. I love it.
With all the comings and goings happening on Sunday, I cannot think of a single location that I'd rather "head" than the Church house. Not even Universal Studio (where we just were the day previous) or Disneyland (where we also wanted to go). The Gospel is filling and is enough. It's needed and feels like the only right place to be on that first day of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment