Trent and I went to Universal Studios to check out Harry Potter land and more. And it was just the two of us. We flew to LA on Saturday morning, rented a car, played all day at the theme park, then drove to our hotel in Pasadena (which we reserved when we thought we were driving, so it was going to save us some time by being on the way out of town by about 30 minutes...shaving that time off total drive time on Sunday morning). Instead, we used our flight points we've racked up with our Southwest card to fly for free (and shave off a little time driving and since we'd be playing all day, not be so tired while driving). Then, Sunday morning, we flew back to Vegas. It was a very quick trip, but so much fun. For two main reasons:
1-Reconnected with Trent and strengthened our friendship bond....we love each other dearly, but there's something about also "liking" to be with each other. Enjoying the company in whatever setting we're in...wanting to be together.
2-Made me miss my children and the domestic life so much. Is that weird? I was so happy to come home and change diapers, do dishes, laundry and read bedtime stories. I couldn't wait to hold my babies! As fun as Harry Potter land was, we couldn't stop talking about how Kyleigh and Brenden would really love this ride, or this shirt or this adventure!
When we picked them up at the Chapel from Maddy and Landon, I RAN to them! So so so so so so happy to have them in my care! I LOVE BEING A MOM!!! It's so fulfilling and I feel empty without that responsibility. It felt selfish and hollow just having to worry about Trent and I. I want to wipe dirty mouths, pick up spilled crumbs and wipe stained clothes. I want to wait in a carpool lane to pick up my kids rather than lots of theme park lines or anything else that would be fun just for me.
This vacation was so rejuvenating in those two main ways: love for my husband and my children. The rides were fun, too.
But felt sooooo good to get kisses from my kids. Wouldn't trade that for the world, or lifetime Harry Potter land tickets.
No comments:
Post a Comment