Monday, December 11, 2017

Fight the Good Fight.

Last week was an emotionally hard one. Sunday was rejuvenating. I think I'm ready for another week. (But I wouldn't complain if it's not as hard as last week).
Best thing: I have a husband and kids who show alot of love and work hard to support one another. That is good.

Read in Screwtape letters about how the adversary doesn't need us to think deeply about doctrine or ask probing questions to get us off track. He just needs to remind us of hunger, a good tv show, the newspaper boy down the street, and things right in front of my face that are more "real" than the 'fantastical' stuff of God and the abstract good that should consume our thoughts or at least appear more 'real' than the human needs and wants.
To keep us grounded is their goal. To keep us looking upward and thinking heavenly is God's goal.

Keeping an eternal perspective has helped me in a few instances this last week. Where I was tempted to stay in the weeds and only see what was directly in front of me, was so hard to push away so that I could take a big, giant step backward and look at the situation in perspective of the pre-mortal world and post-mortal world. It helped me see that the difficulty is only a moment. It can be endured and I need to do that successfully and without loosing hope or happiness. So I'm going to do that. I'm going to hope on and keep looking at the good things God has blessed me while some blessings I would hope for are not realized just yet, that's ok, because there are other good things to keep the focus on until.....well, until as long as it takes, and if that isn't until the eternities, than I need to be patient until then. The faith part needs to kick in and keep the hope and happiness alive while the certain difficulty wants to weigh me down and keep me in a "funk". I'm stronger than that. And it makes me happy to stand up, willing to fight that good fight.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails