Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Visit to Clark Planetarium...Scary

Brenden gets scared easily...too easily. I've tried to help him get over it, let him touch the vacuum cleaner when its not on, go slow up to him when it is on, but not much works. Even yesterday he crawled Mach 2 to get to me when he heard someone climbing up the stairs to our place. He's just scared. So the visit to the planetarium shouldn't have surprised me when we found something else that scared Brenden. I guess I shouldn't buy him the green squishy object after all...or should I?



(no sound available...expressions are enough though)

Reviewing and mentally recording how to create worlds. (A huge pendulum that shows how much our earth is rotating)
Still watching...this went on for awhile. He kept going back and forth against the glass watching the big brass ball swing back and forth. Imagine when he gets something a little more interesting in front of him to watch-like animals at the Phoenix Zoo!!
They put a tiny planet drawing in the top corner of the building and set the telescope so that you can see it enlarged. Don't know if that's exactly what Brenden saw or not.
He is getting far too active to stay put in a stroller, so Trent and I took turns pushing the empty stroller along and keeping up with the little Boss.
So many things I didn't know about space, and so many things the astronauts and researchers don't know yet, but are looking for. Nasa has an incredible website with parts on every imaginable aspect of space and with all types of multimedia. Click here to check it out.
I love the quote by Senator Jake Garn following his circling the earth as an astronaut, "It is impossible for me to describe the beauty of the earth. It is a breathtaking, awe-inspiring, spiritual experience to view the earth from space while traveling at twenty-five times the speed of sound. I could also look into the blackness of the vacuum of space and see billions of stars and galaxies millions of light-years away. The universe is so vast as to be impossible to comprehend. But I did comprehend the hand of God in all things. I felt his presence throughout my seven days in space. I know that God created this earth and the universe...I know that God lives and is the Creator of us all".
How great it would be to view the earth from space. Speaking of space, my sister Steph was just learning how to ride a bike and on one of her runs, she crashed her bike. My mom asked if she was ok, and in the reply Steph said, "I come down on a light and I not bonk my head". Hmm, did we all have our own stars to ship us down to earth? I would love to loose Brenden's tongue and have him tell me all about the place that he just came from.



Surface of the moon is pretty rocky.

Mars reminds me a lot of the Grand Canyon. Red rocks.

A few days later, Gma drove up with Steph so that Steph could start Summer term and Mom could enroll Ashleigh in Fall term as well as get her signed up for housing. When we dropped her off at the airport so that she could go back to Vegas and help Dad get all the food ready for the Stake Trek, she gave Brenden a few kisses goodbye. These are marks to show "Grandma was here"


Playing with the cool Baby Einstein sippy cup that Gma bought him.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Looks like a good time! That video of Brenden cracked me up!!! It's funny what kids are afraid of. Bryson is afraid of every loud sound, BUT the vacuum. He just loves it. Kind of weird.

Kristina said...

That video is pretty sad, but so cute too! He is super cute. Anyway, I have to start the vacuum in the other room and then go get Simeon and bring him to the vacuum. He only lets me vacuum one room and then he's had enough. Poor little guys get scared :)

Melinda Jones said...

Seeing that video just made me want to snuggle him! Poor little guy. Jackson is afraid of global warming...that and poopy diapers.

Mull Family said...

Nicole, we really need to get together soon! One of these days our schedules will not be so busy, and it will happen! By the way, I love your family pictures. Who took them, and were they reasonably priced? We want to take some family pics soon.

Jaime said...

I love seeing pictures if your cute family. Sorry I've been out of touch lately. I feel like things are getting a little bit normal! Bentley cried at the vacuum cleaner yesterday and he is not really scared of anything else.

Anonymous said...

The planetarium looks so fun. I don't think I've ever been there. Brenden is getting so big!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails