Tuesday, July 8, 2008

$1 car wash

I got a knock on my door and not expecting anyone, I was curious to see who it was. Opening the door I saw two of the little neighbor girls who looked like they had been playing outdoors all morning and they asked if they could wash my car for $1. They said the money was for charity. I thought this was pretty funny seeing that most kids don't have money left over to give away and have been giving the ice cream truck man plenty of business. I asked which charity and they replied without missing a beat-"The food charity". Trent and I had just got back from Lake Powell so my car was in need of a wash and who could beat $1? Mostly, I was pretty happy to donate to the "food charity" when someone is willing to work for the money. I gave them the go ahead and after about 10 min or so, another knock on the door to tell me it was done. I brought the money, a big jug of twizzlers and my camera. Sometime later in the day as I was going to my car, I saw a flyer that stated car washes were being given for $3.50 on the other side of the neighborhood. Good thing I got mine done before inflation rose the price $2.50 within a few hours.


2 comments:

Elicia said...

That's awesome and it looks like they even did a decent job!

Anonymous said...

HI Nicole! looks like we are all bloggers! I hope all is well!
ashley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails