Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ranch 2008

Every year the Sorensens all gather at the Ranch that Rodger bought back in the 70s (I believe). This year was another great memory. Last year we slept in the camper because Brenden was only a few months old and it was warmer for him inside the camper. This year Trent was so excited to finally use our tent, sleeping bags and mattress that we got for our wedding and kept insisting that it wouldn't be too cold for Brenden. It got into the 30s and that is no big deal for adults inside a tent and bundled up in a warm sleeping bag, but for a baby who always finds a way to get out from under the covers, I was a little worried. We were able to use an electric blanket which helped out a lot combined with the cute little sleeping bag that my mom bought baby B. He continued to wake up a few times each night and Trent and I just took turns to cover him back up. I kept forgetting to bring my camera every time we would go out, so I only captured a few fun moments.
Wednesday was drive day. Brenden luckily slept most of the time, and after a few hours awake and nothing to do or play with, he started getting a little antsy.
Thursday was hike day. We went to a really neat waterfall -no tire swing though;( - and had exceptionally good weather. This was our day to do the meals, so for Breakfast I got up a little earlier to make German Pancakes for when the others got up. Rodger, Mary and Trina's family went up to North Fork, Idaho to visit Rodger's cousin Sherrie who lives up there. We went last year and with a 1 year old who just drove about 5 hours the day before, wasn't going to want to drive another 4 the next day. Sherrie has an amazing log cabin up against the middle of the mountain and in a beautiful area. A really great person and very accomplished.
Lunch we just had French Dip Subs and then for dinner it was a Pizza that my VT had made Trent and I one time and we just loved. After making the dough, you rub Pesto sauce over it, put it in the oven for 3 min at 500, take it out and put on the toppings-Mozzarella cheese, chicken and tomatoes. It is very juicy and a good mixture of fine tasting toppings.
Friday we were able to do some fourwheeling and a cook out along with a birthday cake and song for Trent.
Saturday we had 2 families leave :( and then Sunday the remaining group went to Church in Mackay where Trent was baptized (officially in the Mackay ward because those are the boundaries for Rodger's Ranch where Trent was baptized in the river that flows through it). Nice trip and once again, too fast. I'll have to get some of the pictures that we were able to take on the flight that Rodger took us on.

Jack. He was sick at the beginning-ran a fever over 100. But still a pretty happy guy.
It got down to 30 at night. 70 during the day felt even better knowing that it was over 100 in SLC that week.
B wanted to try the watermelon shell.
Rodger had all the grandkids come up to the hanger and they all painted a few yellow bricks. Fun project for them.
Laura.

Aspen

Jack. Aka Batman.
Sarah.
us. (Grandkids got tired after about halfway through, so some of the kids and even Mary painted some bricks.)
B during flight training.

B now taking tractor training.
At first B didn't like the hay when I put him up on the truck.
Almost all the grandkids on the hay hauling army truck.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

That is way fun and cute! I want to go camping :(

Dani said...

Look at your cute family! I'm so glad you found our blog - it is great to be in touch again.

Randall Seeley said...

Cute pictures! Brenden is getting so big! It looks like you guys had a great trip. We need to talk soon...it's been forever!
-Lisa

Liz said...

Nicole,

Brenden is getting so big! I'm sorry I didn't get back to you about going out last weekend. I feel like such a bum. I haven't been on the computer much lately, and it seems the days pass faster than they should. Let me know if you want to do something else, or if there is another game. A few of our friends are going to the Bees game tonight for FHE, I don't know if you're planning on being there or not. Let me know.

lizabethrushton@yahoo.com

Liz

Sheryl said...

so fun! you really are making such great memories.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails