Friday, December 19, 2008

Brenden was lonely...

...So we decided to get him a pal. I should wait a little longer to tell, but our family is just not that great at keeping secrets like this...especially when it's such good news! Brenden will be having another sibling and at first I thought he/she was going to come in August, but it looks like its July. I went to the Dr's and they checked me out and said I am due July 26th. Lake Powell will not be the same. I just won't go as fast on the jet ski this time. On Trent's side of the family, Brenden and baby will have lots of cousins to play with...but on my side...I'm hoping that these guys will not be lonely and cousin-less for long!!!!! (Hint, hint, wink wink COURTNEY! and .......). They need friends to throw sand with and play in the water for hours at Lake Powell!
Trent and I are extremely happy and hope this next one has been taking notes from Brenden.

Seems like Brenden is saying, "Hey! Listen up. I have something important to tell you." Perfect.

Memorable moment with this shirt: When we went to Phoenix for Thanksgiving, I put the shirt on Brenden (front side is shown above and back side is shown below) the first night we got there. I wanted Brenden to tell my family the good news. My Mom, Grandma, Dad, bro and sisters read it and got really excited and happy for me. When my Grandma asked me when I was due, my dad got a shocked look on his face and said, "What?! Are you pregnant?". We all looked at him and asked, "Didn't you read the shirt?". He said yes, but thought it was just a cool shirt from ebay and that sure Brenden was going to be a big bro someday. Then he asked why I didn't tell anyone, and Grandma said I did...with the shirt. It was a funny moment and I guess next time I should do it the old fashioned way-by mouth instead of a shirt.

8 comments:

Dane said...

Congratulations!! We figured as much when you first put up the Christmas background and it said baby Sorensen.

Shae said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! That's funny that your Dad didn't catch on for a bit. That's how we announced our 2nd, too...we had Micah wear a shirt with "Big Brother" on it. Most everyone caught on right away, but there were some that had to have it figured out for them! Good luck with your pregnancy! How exciting!

Randall Seeley said...

That's awesome Nicole! Congrats! We are so excited for you! Hope everything goes smoothly!
-Lisa

B&K said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you two!!

faith said...

that's wonderful, nicole! i hope you've been feeling good. congratulations!

Kristen Parnell said...

Yea! Congrats! That's so exciting. That shirt is really cute!

Kristina said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys!

natalie said...

How did I miss this?!?! Congrats! I am so excited for you! How close together will the babies be? I hope you are feeling well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails