Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's fun to be around Brenden


Brenden has begun to show quite a personality. This is our first, so all the newness of a growing child is very exciting...I hope it doesn't wear off by the third child...it's alot of fun. These pictures are much like Brenden, very random and full of alot of fun. I am very glad I am 'mothering' in the digital camera-age...it would be hard not to have these small moments recorded to look back on forever.

More often than not, whenever Brenden sits on the couch for reading or watching Baby Einstein, he puts his hands behind his neck. Trent and I have questioned each other who he learned this from. Maybe his Grandpa King:)

In any position, the kid looks like he is just kicking back and relaxing. Even when I lay him down on the changing table, he tries to cross his legs and relax.

On our way down to Las Vegas for Courtney's bridal shower (which we surprised my mom and dad by showing up unexpectedly), I looked back to see if Brenden was still asleep, and saw him like this...

B saw a nice little pillow to lay down on, and his Grandpa came to join him...cute.


Steph on her way to the laundry room found an extra 'load'. After staying the night at our place last weekend, Steph couldn't get ready in the morning in peace without B knocking on her door wanting to come in and join her. They sure have alot of fun together.


Grandpa sharing some of his chocolate shake with B....who kept going in for seconds.

...that probably beats his plain ol' milk before bed.


Back home, one of Brenden's favorite things to do is climb inbetween all the pillows after the bed is made. It has become quite a ritual...help mom or dad put all the pillows up on the bed, then beg to be lifted up, climb in the very center and toss them off the bed again.


After unpacking, I told B to put these shoes in his room. I gave them to him one at a time and went into his room expecting to find them just thrown in some corner or scattered, but instead, this is what I found. I did not move any of them and was even surprised to find the right matching pairs next to each other. He must have been proud of himself too! Smart boy:)
A stray pen found its way into Brenden's hands...and onto his hands.


Saturday morning play time...building a tower with every block possible. B was enjoying it.

Brenden got a new "duck" towel from his aunt Tree ... and he enjoyed it. He was upset when we took it off of him. I don't blame him. It was warm and really cute with a bill on the hood and some little feet on the bottom.



I thought I had been down to the bottom floor of the visitors center on Temple Square that has the Christus, but apparently not, and was really surprised by all the displays and hands on stuff they had down there. Humanitarian help area, book of mormon and prophets area, modern prophets, too many to describe and all really cool. Just kinda hard to keep Brenden from climbing up into Mormon's lap.

Maybe B was trying to tell Trent all about what Jesus had told him just a little while ago...really wish we could understand what he was saying.

Had heard of this Chilean deli in downtown Salt Lake, so we went to try it out. This is the completo with lots of palta(avocado) and mayo.

On President's day it was hard to stay indoors and alot of cabin fever was going on, so even though it wasn't much warmer than 35 or so, we went to the park. Soooo cold. I just kept dreaming of the day when we can go in short sleeves, shorts, sandals even!! And not have to bundle up in heavy coats with gloves and beanies.

This is one of my favorites (click on the picture and you can see his face). B really liked the swing. He's finally big enough to somewhat hold on by himself and get a decent push going.


We are having alot of fun with little B and can't wait to see what a second one will bring. We find out what 'it' is on Thurs and be boy or girl, I hope these two will play together, love each other and get along well! This morning when I asked Brenden where Mommy's baby was, he pointed to my stomach. He'll be a good older brother.

3 comments:

Randall Seeley said...

Cute pictures! Brenden is looking so old. Here is something crazy...I'm pregnant too and am due like a week and a half before you! Do you know what you are having? We are having a boy! Hope everything is going well for you!

faith said...

looks like you've been doing some fun things! i hope your pregnancy's going well and that you're feeling good.

natalie said...

Do you now what you are having yet? I check your blog everyday to see if you have posted any news!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails