Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Few Trips to the Park...

I have grown up thinking that beanies are for the snow. But since Trent refuses to be kept inside for more than 2 days put together, we go to the park...whether it is a nice, warm 'sunshiny' day or if it is no more than 36 degrees outside...makes no difference to him. We have 'donned' our beanies quite a bit these last few weeks and found a few different parks to play at.

While shopping at Costco, I happened to pass by their collection of kites. After perusing the selection they had, I came home with the "Mustang". It came with spintails and a propeller that really works great.
Brenden helping his Dad put the plane together.

Ball is almost too heavy for him to handle.


By the time dinner was done, cleaned up and plane assembled, it was getting dark, and my flash doesn't reach the height of the plane, so this is a dark picture of our "Mustang" in flight!
B had a turn at 'flying' the Mustang.


He was an excellent 'kite pilot'.



On the way back to the car, the moon was out and was pretty bright. Nice way to end a fun night out...laying out on the grass...looking at the moon.



At a different park...Trent can't just let B have all the fun.




A different day...B trying out the twist slide. He came down all twisted too.



Bringing me one of the treasures he found on the playground. Later on it was a rock and some piece of a toy.


A pretty decent day...which means just jackets and warm socks but no beanies required.
Trent kept kicking the football and catching it by himself since I was not too excited to play catch for an extended period of time...I'm just not a fan of that game when it's still so cold that it hurts the joints and bones every time you catch it. I think he needs B to hurry and grow up so he can have a more stable partner.


Trent teaching Brenden how to wrap the football when running with it to keep it protected.


Brenden trying to follow orders...


Trent is so proud of himself...he just juked an (almost) 2 year old.




Trent: "Hey B, can I have the ball?"........

Brenden: As he takes off running away from his Dad, "No way! You have to catch me first!"

Moms are fun to play with...but they're just not the same as Dads. These guys really look forward to their play time together when Trent gets home from work.

Just a few of my favorite shots of B during that afternoon at the park.






(B liked going up and down this hill cause his little legs really had to focus to negotiate the 'rough terrain').



We brought the blow up beach-type ball to play with and since it was windy, Trent kept throwing it into the wind and it would come back into his arms. He was doing this over and over. I decided to get him on video throwing the ball to himself...and it turned out to be the perfect moment to turn the camera on....(it was hard not to laugh as I was recording it).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails