Brenden is no dummy. Whenever he is about to take something he knows he shouldn't, he looks at me carefully, grabs it all while watching me to see if I catch him, then he sneaks away. If I get to him before he gets to his hiding spot, he will either quickly shove the thing behind his back, or throw it across the room, or offer me a piece.
This time it was the chapstick that he kept trying to sneak to take a bite. This is almost step by step his 'not-so-sneaky' move on the chapstick. (Usually he's alot more sly than this.)
"Hi mom. Please go away and disregard what you are about to see. Maybe the camera will block your view of what I am about to do..."

(He peaks over the top of the drawer at me to see if I'm still watching)

"Mom! I said go away for awhile! Go do some laundry or something!"
(He thinks no one is watching, so he tip-toes as high as he can to accurately locate the predetermined good-chap stick)

This time it was the chapstick that he kept trying to sneak to take a bite. This is almost step by step his 'not-so-sneaky' move on the chapstick. (Usually he's alot more sly than this.)
"Hi mom. Please go away and disregard what you are about to see. Maybe the camera will block your view of what I am about to do..."

(He peaks over the top of the drawer at me to see if I'm still watching)

"Mom! I said go away for awhile! Go do some laundry or something!"
(He thinks no one is watching, so he tip-toes as high as he can to accurately locate the predetermined good-chap stick)
"Ah, shoot! Mom is still there...."

"Maybe she won't see me between all these cords". (He then proceeds to open the chapstick and take a big chunk out of it with his finger, but is caught and reprehended before he can get it to his mouth).

...Later that day... Looking innocent, but the computer desk isn't exactly the best place for a toddler to play.. Hmm..


"Maybe she won't see me between all these cords". (He then proceeds to open the chapstick and take a big chunk out of it with his finger, but is caught and reprehended before he can get it to his mouth).

...Later that day... Looking innocent, but the computer desk isn't exactly the best place for a toddler to play.. Hmm..

4 comments:
he is such the cutest little boy! and...that is so just like mariah! she does things like that ALL the time!
Nicole, Brenden is so cute! He looks a lot like Trent. I'm sorry I didn't get your comment until this evening, but we are home all weekend. Stop by anytime. We don't have any plans tomorrow (except church 1-4).
That's awesome that you got the play-by-play!!! Way to go mom!
It's been so long since I've seen your blog. Bentley is working on his sneakiness too!
Post a Comment