Monday, August 17, 2009

B and K

It is a legitimate concern whether the older child will accept the new sibling or if he/she will become jealous and resentful towards the new center of attention in the home. B has been a bit more whinny, but when it comes to his little sister, he is a champ older brother. The other day when Kyleigh would fuss when hungry, B immediately sat down wherever he was standing, reached out both hands and cupped his hands to tell me to give Kyleigh to him in a gesture that said he knew what to do to take care of her and make her happy. It was sweet. I gave K to B and she would stop fussing for a bit, but realizing that her objective still was not being fulfilled, she would fuss again, at which point B looked up at me as if to say, I tried Mom, she didn't cooperate, she's all yours.

Today, I was changing Kyleigh's diaper before a feeding and she was getting real anxious for her dinner. B was concerned so I told him to get her binky and give it to Sissy. He grabbed it, stuck it in her mouth and instead of letting go for Sissy to start sucking away, he continued to hold the binky right in her mouth to make sure it would stay there and not be spit out...for the entire time I spent changing K's diaper. Sweet brother.

A few moments I caught with the camera that makes me happy as a Mommy.

B wiping at a little milk off Kyleigh's mouth (He did this of his own free will. I did not tell him to do that. Concerned for his Sissy's comfort and physical appearance I suppose).
b wipe k mouth

He must have thought little Sissy wanted some vibration for further comfort.
vibrator

A couple mornings ago, I had finished feeding Kyleigh, set her down in the love sac and when B saw her, he climbed up finish his morning milk snuggled next to Sissy.
k b love sac

Little Kyleigh with her eyes open...a fairly rare occurance
k closeup

We are so proud...
b funny pants

B was sitting in his chair for awhile this morning, but when I left the room and came back, this is how I found him. Settled right next to baby Sissy inbetween the ottoman and love sac. To keep a better eye on her?
bk4

Maybe she wanted her space.
bk3

B has turned out to be quite confident in his comforting skills with little Sissy. It does work...for awhile at least.
bk2

He must have been planning on spending alot of time there. Brought his snacks and drink.
bk1

bk

k cute boppy chair

4 comments:

Art and Evelyn said...

Your family is looking good and still intact! Good mothering! K looks to be good entertainment for B. I'm always amazed when an older sibling is not constantly trying to kill the younger one! (Ellie tried to smother Ammon with blankets and clothes his first 3 months of life!) I finally got your Moby wrap. I'll call you!

West and Darci said...

Congrats on the new addition!!! She is so tiny and cute! I thought that my kids would have all that blond hair when they were born too but they had really dark hair when they came.

Jordan and Jodi said...

I LOVE that they are friends! She is so cute....and TINY! B is an awesome big brother--I hope Ally follows his lead in a few weeks!

natalie said...

Look how beautiful she is!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails