Monday, August 3, 2009

Kyleigh Mae

She made it. She is tiny. 5 lbs 15 ounces but longer than normal for that size at 19 inches. Her color is real good. Apgar was 9. She set my due date back a week cause she measured small at the very beginning of pregnancy and I didn't gain anything from my 2nd to last appt to the last appt on Wed, and it was definitely not because I had stopped eating. She just doesn't gain weight easily. She is a champ eater though so this may be corrected and maybe she'll catch up. Or maybe not and be a little runt but her big brother is there to protect her. He is very good with her so far. He always wants to hold her, but that only lasts for about a minute then he gives me the all done sign and wants to jump up. The first time he held her, she yawned and he said with big eyes, "Wow!" Apparently shocked that the baby doll moves.
First couple nights were practically all nighters. But she was nice to me last night and let me sleep a whole hour inbetween each feeding, which took place every hour up until 6, when she decided it was time for some longer stretches of sleep. But I wake up to a deep cleaned house, stocked shelves and fridge, thanks to Gma King and Maddy and now some extra Z-time now that Grandma Sorensen has arrived. Sure feels like this little girl coming from Heaven brought a little piece of it with her. I love this feeling of being a new parent again. May have to do it again once it wears off in 2 years.


Giving his little sister a gentle kiss. 
b gently kissing k

Ok Mom, all done. Can I get down now? (He likes to look in on her alot and see what she is doing, but after the quick inspection is completed and everything looks good, he would like to move onto other things.)
Photobucket

The nurse brought her back to me after her bath in this outfit. A t-shirt onsie on top and a t-shirt onsie on bottom. Do they just not have enough money for real pants or is this supposed to make for quick diaper changing through the 2nd neck opening? 
k

Pretty incredible to have another little person so wholly dependent on me for survival. She is quite perfect right now so I hope we don't mess things up too bad.
mom and k2

This is my 'Happy Place'
mom and k

One happy father. He even took her for 2 hours the first 2 nights for me...which he never did for Brenden:). Do all fathers have soft spots for their little girls? I hope so. 
daddys princess hospital

He already calls her his little "Princess". Would probably stop a speeding locomotive for her.
t kissing k

Hey Kyleigh, what are you looking at? 
boppy k

Gazing out the window, she must be getting some final reminders from the angels. Steph didn't talk for a long time as a little kid and when she did, she had some pretty incredible stories about Heaven. You always have been close to angels Steph, and I hope little Kyleigh is like you. The stories we could be told. 
talkin to angels


For comparison sake, here are 2 of Brenden as a newborn. Can you tell they are related? 


16 comments:

Mull Family said...

Wow, what a beautiful baby girl! You look gorgeous too. Congratulations!

faith said...

she looks wonderful. i'm glad everything went so well for you.

Michelle Hepworth said...

Congrats. She is beautiful!!!

Candace said...

So so so so cute! She is absolutely adorable. Congrats!

Jordan and Jodi said...

She's a cutie! Congrats! Glad all is well.

B&K said...

She's gorgeous!!! PS we have a gift for you... can you email me your address??

Shae said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations! I hope everything went well for you. It sounds as if she's already got Trent wrapped around her little finger...so precious! As for the double-onesie thing...that's interesting, I've never seen/heard of that happening before. My kids have always just got the onesie and no pants. :)

Shae said...

K...I was just trying to figure out what day she was born...when was it?

DaNell said...

Wow!! How fast that goes, I am so thankful that you and the sweet baby are doing well. You will love having a girl to dress up and put bows in her hair. I wish I were closer so I could hold her.

Kristina said...

Congrats you guys! She is so precious! Love those little babies. We are having a girl too. Yea!

susanna said...

Congratulations mamacita! So sweet your little family.

Ligia said...

Hey I just found your blog and wanted to say congrats! I'm gonna put yours on my blog. Your little boy is getting so big. I guess that's what happens with kids. Anyways, take care. Girls are fun.

Sheryl said...

congrats darling! she's a doll!

Mike n' Ally said...

CONGRATS!!!!! lots of love from the Jensens!! Los queremos mucho!
Mike and Ally

Britney said...

I'm a little late, but congratulations! She's so pretty!

Kamy said...

Congratulations! You look so great and so happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails