There never was a
Child so lovely but his
Mother was glad to see him asleep.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Child so lovely but his
Mother was glad to see him asleep.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
One of my favorite things to do right before tucking myself in bed, is to check on the kids. Ralph does have a very valid point. It's hard to not think the kids are amazing when they're snoozing.
I had thought motherhood would be great. I didn't think it was going to be easy, but I was counting on it being 'worth the effort'. B and K sure have made it a great little journey so far.
I had thought motherhood would be great. I didn't think it was going to be easy, but I was counting on it being 'worth the effort'. B and K sure have made it a great little journey so far.
Caught this during his nap

The last 4 days B has suddenly been deathly afraid to take a nap. The first day he woke up crying, which he never does. The next day he never went to sleep and started crying at the end. By the 3rd day, the minute he knew he was headed towards his crib, he started a scared cry. It was almost like he woke up with a bad nightmare the first day and since then, he has been scared to go to sleep in fear that whatever it was, was going to come back and scare him. He started to do the same cry routine at night, but Trent took the Build-a-Bear that my mom had made for him and told B that this bear would stay with him all night and protect him. It was a good bear and would be with him in his sleep so he didn't have to worry. Trent squeezed the bears hands which made it say, "Grandma loves you". Immediately, B stopped crying and laid down and promptly fell asleep. I had to take this photo as proof and to remember this stage in little B's growing up years.
First night with his teddy bear.

Second night with good ol' 'protecting' bear.

A sweet little Princess girl.

I love this stage where they can fall asleep anywhere.

K asleep after Church today.

As close as he can get to sleeping next to/with his little "Sissy".
3 comments:
Sleeping babies are beautiful!!! All of them.
too too true- they seem so angelic when they are sleeping- you can't help but forget all the crazy things they did that day and see them for the sweet kids they are.
Wow...your little ones are darling. Congrats on your new addition! I do love those sleeping times - so sweet!
Post a Comment