Must have worn him out, cause he fell asleep at the back of the love sac watching "Real Trains for Kids". And such a comfortable position to fall asleep in.
Brenden also got to accompany his Mom and Dad to his very first BYU Basketball game. I hope he liked it and could feel the exciting atmosphere that the Marriott Center is so famous for providing.
I think he did.
BYU likes the quick transition game.
Now that Selection Sunday has passed and BYU was very fortunate to receive a 3 seed, Wofford and any other team we play, will most likely adopt the same strategy as UNLV, San Diego St and every other University has tried....stop Jimmer, put 2 and 3 people on him, rotate defenders, try length, size, quickness. And sometimes it will work. But even when the journalists write that he was 'bedeviled' in the Tournament Championship game last Saturday, he still managed to score 30 points. I'm confused a bit, I thought 30 points was good. But his 'off night' is still better than most players 'career high' nights....and perhaps they were expecting another 40, 50 point game? Then, yes, I suppose a 30 point game means he was really stifled by San Diego State. Way to go, White and Leonard.
Brenden will be able to say, like I can say about the late 80s Phoenix Suns (Tom Chambers and KJ), that he watched some of the best play in person. All I remember is that I went to one or two Suns game with my Dad and got a Sprite at the game. That's probably about all Brenden will remember, but for records sake, now he has photographic evidence that he saw Brandon Davies and Jimmer Fredette play College ball.
Speaking of College and NBA ball, you sure don't see alot of this in the NBA. They wouldn't want to hurt their ankle or wrist in the process. College guys sure play with a whole lot more heart....and makes it far more entertaining to watch. Not these whinny millionaires who change cities and loyalties to the highest bidder.
Whoa, Brenden! Did you see that?!
Nope, by this time (2 hours in a hard seat in one place can be a bit trying) he had withdrawn and was watching Bugs Bunny.
Another day on the job.
And a very content little boy. Hope Kyleigh had fun with the babysitter. I knew that a 3 year old could probably sit still for 2 hours, but not a chance with an 18 month old. Sorry, Kyleigh. Most likely we won't be living around here to even have a chance of bringing you next year....and who knows if basketball would even be your 'thing'? It better be. Or you're going to time out 'till you change your attitude!








No comments:
Post a Comment