
News crews, lots of cameras, and crazy people standing in the 30 degree rain and snow. Freezing. I was starting to question whether this was worth it.

But after meeting the Coaches and Players, getting some autographs on Brenden's jersey and pictures, it was worth it. This was an exciting season. 32 wins-most in school history. Probable Player of the Year-Jimmer Fredette. And exciting wins over tough opponents-in regular season, Conf tourney and all the way into the Sweet 16 for the first time since '81. Yes, it was worth it.
Coach Dave Rice. He played for Tark at UNLV and was a 1990 National Champ with the Rebels. Very nice guy.
Noah Hartsock. Stepped up big time to play Center when he was playing the 4 role very well.
Brandon Davies. Can't wait to see him play next year. A great asset to the team.
Brothers Chris and Kyle Collingsworth. I taught Kyle at Provo High. Great kid. BYU recruited him to be Point Guard and he transitioned to the 4 role very well. Especially picking up a career high 15 rebounds last night. Very versatile player. Looks like Chris and Kyle will have to wait 2 more years to play together since Chris redshirted this year due to an injury and Kyle won't be back for 2 years as he leaves on a mission to Russia.
Kyleigh went to Kyle so easily and was so content there, that I snapped another shot of her. I won't tell anyone what Kyle used to get on his Spanish exams.....at least he won't need his espanol in Russia. :)Taylor and Kyle. I taught them both at Provo High, so a mini reunion. I went into labor with Brenden on the very last day of student teaching at Provo. Good memories of that year.
Oh dear. Well, I guess when Brenden heard "Let's go to the airport to see the BYU Basketball team", he stopped at "airport", thought planes, and when I brought him back inside from watching the plane land and the players get off, he was mad at me and kept asking through sad tears why we weren't getting on the plane. Planes to him was more exciting than meeting the guys fresh from the Sweet 16, but hopefully he'll thank me later. :)
(This sad shot made it onto Deseret news online: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700121634/BYU-basketball-Fans-welcome-home-Cougars-from-NCAA-tournament.html )
Senior Logan Magnussen
We didn't take a picture with Steven Rodgers, but he signed the jersey as well as Anson Winder. I also didn't feel like pushing my way through to get Jackson and Jimmer to sign it since they were being attacked and were led upstairs and through a side door to their cars. Personally, I think they should spend 20 more minutes and sign the kids shirts, balls, posters since this is their last year, last game. Not going to go through this again at the Collegiate level, so give it one last hurrah for yourself and the fans. Brenden now has the 2010-2011 BYU Basketball team sans The Jimmer.








3 comments:
That is freaking awesome, Coleo!
wow, what a treat for the kids and/or the parents. :)
great season.
That is so great! What a fun idea. And pictures you'll all love forever. I'm sure he will thank you later. :)
Post a Comment