Monday, June 27, 2011

Old things are cool

I took the kids to Thanksgiving Point Dino museum....again...before we left to Vegas and Arizona over Memorial day weekend. This place never gets old for them because it is so large and enough things to entertain them. This place was a life saver during the winter months when the kids were tired of being trapped inside the house and freezing when they went outside. I will probably need to find something comparable or somewhat similar when we move to Akron. I hear it's just as cold and can have ice storms to spice things up even more.


Every trip includes a stop into these caves.

Match making



Intense concentration. These dinosaurs don't just stand themselves up. Takes work.

My kids are as heavy as the 4th largest dinosaur on the scale counting from the smallest.

They need a quarter for this guy so it can take you for a ride.

Maybe not. They never last on that thing for very long anyway.

So many things to climb on. Underwater dinos.
Earlier time period dinos.
Ostrich ancestor dino exhibit.


Poor Kyleigh. She kept wanting to run around everywhere....even in the pitch black room....and didn't see that wall coming straight at her. They kissed each other and she fell flat.

But by the very next exhibit she was all smiles again. (in front of a gaping great white)

These poor cavemen weren't getting the job done, so Kyleigh wanted to help.


Later on, we met Trent at BYU campus to do some more running around. We have recently returned from touring the University of Akron.....and there is no comparison. I haven't toured many University campuses, but from what I hear, there are very few that can even try to compare.

Oh shoot, he found me.


Speaking of climbing all over things.....I think I found out where they get that from.


Wish you could've heard this squeal in person. Hard not to smile right along with her.

They even have mini obstacle courses for toddlers right on BYU grounds. How thoughtful.

See those mountains, the immaculate and beautiful vegetation, and well maintained buildings? Wait a few more months and we won't be seeing any of that for 4 years. We're a bit biased. Akron does have it's beauty in other places. Just not like I'm used to. But kids probably won't notice any difference. As long as there is something to climb, a place to dig and a dad to swing them around every so often, they'll be happy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails