Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Water Day at School

Today is Brenden's 2nd to last day of his 1st year of School. At first it was exiting to him. Could have been the extensive quantity of new toys to play with.... But then it may have turned out how all play dates did up to that point in his life....he didn't speak much (and that's being pretty generous) but when he did speak, it took him a long time to formulate the words. Trent and I could wait patiently to figure out what he wanted, but not many (about 0 in total) other 3 year olds wanted to wait to hear what he had to say. So once he figured out that everyone left him out of play time, he hated going to school. He cried, hid from me, made excuses about why he couldn't go to school. But his Preschool teacher, the other really nice helper and his speech therapist didn't give up on him, he improved drastically and can now keep up with the other kids. Yesterday he brought home a "Secret Garden" with flower, tree and bug cutouts. I'll put that in the folder with his homemade witch, pilgrim, santa, profile cutout, fireman, paint drawings and Mothers day poem. Today I told him it was water day at School and he came right over to me to put on his swim suit clothes (they asked for anything that can get wet and this stuff dries fast so he won't be cold and shivering since the boy has minimal body fat to keep him warm). He now comes home asking if his friends can come over and play. He doesn't hide from me or find excuses. There's nothing that would keep him from going to school as Jake the Pirate (a new Disney Channel show personality. Jake fights Captain Hook now. No idea where Peter Pan went. Maybe he finally went to live with Wendy?)
Tomorrow is their graduation and I better go plug in my camera cause I'm told they sing songs and have a mini program. So cool. First of many graduations to come, I hope.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails