Kyleigh and I are usually waiting around for Brenden to wake up so we get to have some girl time. Part of that time is the essential element of drinking our chocolate milk...every. single. morning. I can't remember exactly, but somewhere around junior or high school I began drinking a glass of chocolate milk every morning. I haven't stopped since. And part of the beauty of being a parent is that you can indoctrinate your children regarding the finer things in life-like a tall, cold glass of chocolate milk in the morning. (And be careful-other unlearned people might try to dupe your kids into thinking that it can be chocolate milk made with the SYRUP or even some that has already been pre-mixed! Blasphemy! Profanity!) However, Kyleigh has been successfully schooled and now drinks a properly mixed (with Nesquik powder) chocolate milk with me while we wait around for sleepy head to join us.
Most mornings, once she is done drinking her little body gets cold, just like mine, and until our bodies warm up, she climbs onto my lap and cocoons herself in her blanket. But, just as she was about to climb into my lap this morning, the heater started up (yes, it is almost May and we still use our heater-just Monday we were in the low 40s....for the HIGH). I pointed to the vent and asked her if she wanted to sit in front of the warm air. She did and sat there the entire time it blew. The second it stopped, she stood up and with a frown on her face looked at me and said, "Mom, the batteries ran out. Go get some batteries. Turn the heat back on".
She has a point. Most things stop when the batteries run out. At least all of her toys operate that way. It was only logical.
No comments:
Post a Comment