One morning, I saw a bird, I called the kids over and within 20 minutes we saw the rest of these animals (except for the rabbit. Saw that the next day). All photos taken through our kitchen window so a bit fuzzy.
Squirrel Birds taking bath
Not sure what kind the yellow one is, but the red one on the ground is a Cardinal. Trent really likes those-it was his high school mascot. But the Cardinal painted on his school gym looks nothing like the one walking around our backyard.
The blue jay wouldn't come out of the trees for me to take his picture. But he has a brilliant coat.
Robin had a few friends join him for their worms we watch them pluck out of the ground. You should hear Kyleigh tell me how she is trying to watch the birds eat the worms. Side note-when I was trying to weed earlier, I picked a worm up and showed it to both kids. Brenden didn't want to get too near it, but I had to remind Kyleigh repeatedly not to squish the thing. She enjoys hands on learning.
We bought weed killer and fertilizer this week, so hopefully all those dandelions are gone by next week. Kyleigh and Brenden think they are great. They run around kicking up the seeds or pick them and hack them off with their hands. Unsightly for adults, entertainment for kids.
The rabbit was seen the next day, but for one day-a squirrel, butterfly, cardinal, robin, blue jay, yellow bird, fat bathing bird and 2 small birds was pretty decent. And we didn't even have to pack up and drive anywhere to see them.
We bought weed killer and fertilizer this week, so hopefully all those dandelions are gone by next week. Kyleigh and Brenden think they are great. They run around kicking up the seeds or pick them and hack them off with their hands. Unsightly for adults, entertainment for kids.
The rabbit was seen the next day, but for one day-a squirrel, butterfly, cardinal, robin, blue jay, yellow bird, fat bathing bird and 2 small birds was pretty decent. And we didn't even have to pack up and drive anywhere to see them.
Kyleigh is telling me to be quiet so I don't scare the animals away.


No comments:
Post a Comment