When picking up Brenden from school last year, this sign was on the door.
One day they did a kids yoga version. Acting out different kinds of animals. Definitely brought the camera out for this.
Brenden has recently told us stories that involve his 'brothers'. When we ask who his brothers are, he says the boys next door. They are a fun group.
Indigo lake on an overcast day.
homework time? It will always be this pleasant.
After some morning reads, time to break out the recorder and drum.
Why not ask the guy in a cowboy hat to bring his recorder and jingle thing? Made it a fully legit band now.
Sticker happy
She loves dressing up. And it doesn't have to always be girly stuff. A fireman's hat and Capt America shield go well with purple beads and a tutu.
Genuine Wild Western girl. What good is pushing around a wooden train without a cowboy hat?
Cool enough without the hat. Or just a nice kid to share with his sis.
One morning I went into Kyleigh's room to read before moving onto the next activity, but it wasn't long before I had two visitors who found me. Didn't say anything either, but grabbed a book and made themselves comfortable.
It would be rare to find one of these two and not see the other within close proximity.
It finally got warm enough to pull out the sprinkler and let the kids run around outside in proper summer attire.
Maybe they were bargaining snacks?
The girl enjoys her milk in style. Nothing wrong with that.
She gets a little 'animada' (excited) when I pull this cup out for her to drink.
And got real excited when I gave her this carton to eat from...
If I can't find Brenden in his classroom after Church, I just turn and head straight to the gym. He watches these Priesthood boys fulfilling their duty like a hawk...and then tries to copy them. He manages to kick the back of the chair in a little bit but hasn't the strength to close the chair fully. But tell him good job on the small part that he can handle and he lights up like a kid who feels important and needed in the world.
And he'll stick around, manhandling the chairs all he can until the job is fully completed. (And we have some nice men who let B "help" them out).
Also nothing wrong with a little Bugs Bunny before bed.
We met another family at the Zoo and they had some urchins and sting rays to for the kids to touch.
And buttons for the boys to push. The buttons would light the whole aquarium different colors that the jellyfish were swimming in.
B LOVES to draw. Throw a paper and a pencil...it doesn't even have to be colorful crayons...and he'll present you with either a self portrait, a train or plane. He might even do requests if you ask nicely.
We were able to have our friend G over a couple days a week for several months and the kids grew very accustomed to having him over and enjoyed having another playdude. Whenever his mom or dad would come pick him up, they asked me why G was leaving....as if they were confused why he wouldn't just want to stay and live with them.
Just a couple of cool cats.
One of a kind chair at Szalay's outdoor farmer's market.
Two of my favorite signs for sale at Lehman's.
Upstairs at Lehmans you have endless Legos, stuffed animals, outdoor games and kites and kits, and stick ponies. What more could two kids want?
Kyleigh became a proficient stick pony rider by the end of our visit.
Jail at Lehman's and a plastic piece of bread.
B: "Just one time around the park, Mac"
A little whipped cream on each finger puts a smile on anyone's face, especially little girls named Kyleigh Mae hay.
Someone at Church told me that you can put glowsticks in a bath tub. Couldn't wait to try it out with the kids. The minute I turned off the lights and filled the tub with bubbles and gave them glowsticks, they were all smiles.
The kids can find fun in a steel structure.
He doesn't always follow the playground rules.
Maybe he wanted to test out how to play with the playground toys in the conventional way as well.
Directing Kyleigh on the new-found fun approach?
Local library had this lady come by and play her Hammered Dulcimer. I had no idea what a Hammered Dulcimer was until we saw it in action.
Kyleigh set up a Tea party in my bedroom one Sunday afternoon. We use potato chips instead of crumpets at our house.
Wiffle ball anyone?
It's summertime when the kids are in shorts, popsicle in hand and a couple bruises on the knees from all the playtime fun outside.
She's cleared at least 2 inches.
Summer has been good to us.

















































1 comment:
oh where do I start, I love these candid photos! I have some of my favorite pictures on my phone! I love that you got a picture of that sign at Brenden's school, that will be one to reminisce about for a long time, all those names are crazy!! And it is so cute to see Brenden helping all those boys after church. THose are some good YM in that ward! I miss that library and the park next to it and your house! In case you didn't know I really miss Akron :)
Kyleigh is looking so grown up, quite the little lady! And I am definitely trying that glow stick idea. I love looking at your blog because it always makes me want to be a better mom :)
Post a Comment