Some people are tired of hearing all the political ads and receiving endless phone calls. Some have restricted their facebook accounts and friendships to be on hold until after the elections.
I'm just glad we live in a blessed country that enables its people to choose those who will govern them.
I'll take the phone calls, junk mail, emails, facebook status, etc....because it signals the incredible blessing I hold to live in this country. One who has seen bloodshed for its freedoms, for its rights and for the chance to make a better world for their kids.
Why stop now? I don't pick up a sword to fight for my right of representation, but I do get to walk peacefully to a ballot station and fill one out. No one will threaten me on the way down there. I will not risk loosing my life like some unfortunate people in other countries...in our current day! We should be beyond tyranny and cruel dictators, but we are not.
And luckily, I get to choose my leader. So bring on the phone calls, letters, tv ads and door to door visits. It just means that in 2 days, the voice of every duty-conscious American will be heard. I have my opinion of who the winner of the Presidential Election should be. But put aside party differences, I'm just grateful for the ability to put a 'pen to paper' and cast my ballot.
We cannot pretend that this November election is not important to our immediate and long term future. In almost every way imaginable-economy, military, education, healthcare, natural resource, and debt.
Ohio-and every other state-Get out and VOTE!
No comments:
Post a Comment