And it made me think how I love those that I am lucky enough to live with and wake up with every single day. I know life has an expiration date. It's set and there's no way to get around it. All will go through it. But that picture caused me to consider how I am acting toward others. Especially toward those whom I say I love. Do they know it? How? Can I point to something I've done that would show them how much I love them? Am I kind or patient when they need extra kindness and patience? Or have I been too preoccupied with my own cares and worries to notice them and their needs?
I hope tomorrow I look them in the eyes more. Smile while we have a conversation. Write them a note to lift a worry or lighten a load.
It would be simple, but good. And similar to one of my scripture heroes that I just finished studying for an upcoming lesson-Rebekah. She gave water to the servant of Abraham and Isaac and got water for all 10 of his camels. "And she said, Drink, my lord: and she hasted, and let down her pitcher upon her hand, and gave him drink. And when she had done giving him drink, she said, I will draw water for thy camels also, until they have done drinking. And she hasted, and emptied her pitcher into the trough, and ran again unto the well to draw water, and drew for all his camels." (Genesis 24:18-20)
Lesson learned for the day.

https://www.lds.org/media-library/images/rebekah-at-the-well-39477?lang=eng

https://thepreachersword.com/2015/04/07/doing-more-than-expected/
No comments:
Post a Comment