1. I love Nesquick. Not just love it, but I take my own can of it on vacations, pack it with me when I move somewhere because it is one of the essential things to have in the house right away. I cannot even remember when I first started drinking chocolate milk every morning but it probably dates back to Jr High which was about 12 years ago. I can go without it though and not have ticks or headaches. Fast Sundays aren't that bad.

2. I am thoroughly intimidated by scrapbooking. I have begun or gotten materials ready for 3 books but not finished any of them. I have a few pages of my mission scrapbook done, all the photos and some memories of my wedding, the baby photos and book on the chair of my kitchen and yet I convince myself that I am too slow, not creative enough, don't have the right frames and other cutsie materials to make it look nice, etc etc. (Maybe that will be our next "project" for our weekly project dates Ev!:)

3. Baby B needed some more fiber in his diet so I embarked on making mushed up, watered down broccoli. I put water in the pot, put the steamer in, cut the broccoli off the stem and let it steam. I let it go too long, all the water was steamed out, burned a little on the bottom of the pot (which I thankfully got off with some elbow grease), put the broccoli in the food blender (b/c it was too large for the "Happy Baby Food Grinder" that Trent's mom gave me), set the dial to 'baby food' and let it rock. Then it still wasn't mushed enough so I took out our 'Happy Baby Food Grinder', scooped out the remains of the green mush mess into Brenden's bowl while some juices flowed on the counter. Spooned some into Brenden's mouth but it was too dry and he kept making coughing noises. Watered the broccoli down some more and finally fed Brenden his food. The worst part was that when Trent got home, the whole house smelled like burned water/steamer metal/broccoli and we had to open the patio door even though it's Dec in Utah. Good thing I got alot of broccoli out of that escapade. Next time I'll try something more mushable like peas.

4. I cannot take naps. I have tried. But by the time I fall asleep after mulling over everything that happened that day, what I still have left to do, what I'm going to make for dinner, and sometimes really random tidbits, my nap time I allotted myself is over. I take too long to fall asleep and my body thinks that every time I fall asleep it should be for good; at least 6 hours. So when I wake up any time before that, I feel groggy and have a headache for the rest of the day. Makes me think that it's just not worth it, so I usually skip out and think that I'll just go to bed early to make up the sleep from the night before, but that rarely happens. I'm lucky to have a baby that slept through the night at 2 weeks and don't know what I'll do if the next ones do not. Maybe I'll take up bike riding at 4 am like my Dad so that I force myself into exhaustion and soon find myself dozing off wherever and whenever I sit down too long. Hopefully I won't snore as loud as my Dad does though.

5. I have never made a snowman in my life. My whole 26 years of living. When I was a kid we once drove up to Mt. Charleston and took a picture next to a snowman already built and pretended that we built it but we were fibbing. Maybe this is due to the fact that Las Vegas just doesn't get alot of snow during the winter. I have lived in Utah now for 6 winters and never made my own snowman. Maybe when my little boy grows up and wants to build one I will. It looks so much fun on the movies:) Anyone up for biggest snowman of the season contest?? EV??:) I hear another storm is coming soon.....
(the following from Calvin and Hobbes..too funny)





I tag Lisa, Debby, Molly, and Steph!!
5 comments:
Thanks Nicole! I have found that since Will has been born, taking naps is more difficult cause I'm always thinking of other stuff! As for paintball....he won't be playing anytime soon...I hope:) Hope all is well with you guys!
Lisa
Sooo cute Coley! We're going to be SCRAPBOOKING in January! Wooo hooo!
i love the snowmen series from calvin and hobbes. great addition!
nicole, i had so much reading about you and I love that you love chocolate milk so much! hope to see you for christmas...are you coming home to visit!
Nicole-
I couldn't believe it when you left me a message. Haven't talked to you forever. You seem to be doing so well. What a DARLING little family!! I agree, scrapbooking is SO overwhelming. I decided to do one for Christmas but haven't done it in like 4 years for all the reasons you mentioned.
Post a Comment