The Kings are crazy about food, so I'm crazy about Thanksgiving. We joke (though we are quite serious) about how vacations are centered around food. The extended family went to Disney World and we planned where we would go depending on where we wanted to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also, if you visit my dad's photo on http://bking.smugmug.com/ and click on Family then Clear Creek Ranch, you'll see a few pictures of the cooking trailer my dad had made for large meals as well as the refrigerated truck that he hauled so they could have a plethora of food and then the photos of the crew as he they would, and I quote from my dad, "We cooked a big breakfast, then rested for 30 minutes right there in the kitchen, then started cooking lunch. Lunch to dinner worked about the same." So Thanksgiving dinner at the Kings starts at about 3 am that day for the cooking part and alot of the others done much before that. Food is not just a thing we do when we're hungry, but rather a favorite pastime. I think I was told that I would be disowned if I ever partook of margarine. This was my first Thanksgiving at Trent's family's house and it was absolutely wonderful. Mary, Trent's mom, called the inlaws and asked for a favorite Thanksgiving recipe that she would make for the meal. I sent in my Aunt Krissy Waldie's Raspberry Pretzel side dish. So YUMMY!!! It comes from the Lion House cookbook. We took family pictures and it was so much fun because it was the first picture taken of the Sorensen family now that everyone is married and has a child. What a great family and very fun time!! I got to go up in Trent's dad's plane again. Unfortunately we didn't take any pictures of that this time:( Day after Thanksgiving we got to drive a short ways up the canyon next to Trent's house and picked out our own Christmas tree. That was alot of fun!
Whole Sorensen Family!!! What a fun and very memorable time!

Fam Shot (Dad and B have 'matching' ties)

Another fam shot but with Brenden being giddy

B trying to eat some turkey...maybe next year

Sorensen Family shot. Rodger, Mary, Trina, Tree, Traci, and Trent. Trent is the baby of the family. What a handsome family!

Great Grandma Ellen Sorensen with all but 2 (Jack and Marcel) of her great grandbabies from her oldest child-Rodger.

The 2 missing cousins from the above great grandkids shot-Jack and then Marcel (who was sleeping when the shot with Grandma was taken)!! Jack is such a fun and good little newphew.


Great Grandma Ellen playing with B. (I had it normal view, but when posting, it was sideways again. Oh well) Great Grandma was so good with Brenden and they bonded alot during the trip. She has gone on 5 missions (or more, I just lost track) since her husband passed away. She even told us that she almost called the Brethren and asked what they can do with an 86 year old. She is now 95 and has full capacity of all her faculties-only her eye sight is going bad. I hope she stays around for many more great grandchildren.

Trent's whole family is very musically talented. They all sing incredibly well, play the piano and violin.
1 comment:
Hey Nicole! I think the doctor told my brother not to fly for 6 weeks after he had pneumothorax. He was supposed to come home yesterday which was 3 weeks after he was in the hospital, but now he's coming home in 2 weeks (which is only a total 5 weeks but I guess they decided that was enough). I'm not really sure why it isn't ok to fly since the planes are pressurized, but I guess it's just risky. I'm glad you have a blog! Even though we never really got to know each other, I like to see what other people are up to. Your baby's really cute!
Post a Comment