Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Aquarium, a monkey, a horse, and a visit

Just some misc. photos of the past few weeks.

We attempted to go to the zoo when the weather was semi-nice on Sat to miss all the crowds during the summer, but it wasn't enough time to enjoy it before Brenden's nap so we went to the aquarium instead. It just wasn't the same as the Oregon one...not even close.

A few nice displays and kids games on the computer.

Weird to walk by these fish and they are all crowded into the corner looking out. Maybe they're scared of the lone fish out swimming in the rest of the tank.

B hiding in the octopus cave.

Trent liked it as much as B did. It took some convincing to get these two out of there. I would've stayed but B was late for his nap by a few hours already.

Some sharks.
B touching the sting rays.

Rays coming to attack B


Good trip. Can't tell if B was tired or just pondering all the cool things he just saw. (Video of B from aquarium at end of post).

Around the house...
B does not like to be left out of anything...even if I'm in the bathroom. He will knock on the door, call to us through the door, and then get on his knees and stick his hand underneath the door to make sure we know that he is there waiting. Very persistent kid...I hope that translates into sports and school.


Trent was not proud of his son at this moment. He would rather I not let B play with my girly stuff. I can't help it and smile when Trent tries to tell Brenden how only girls touch that stuff. I think B needs a brother quick...if it's a girl he's in trouble of loosing more 'man cards'.

Here's more of our monkey...
He had to knock down 3 pillows/cushions and 2 big blankets so that he could stand at the end and fall into them.

Another monkey move-climb onto wicker basket behind couch and over the couch into more pillows.

Sat morning play time with Dad.

More play time...guess Trent wanted a turn...B almost has it...
Trent makes a great horse...
...even giving B some real lessons on holding on when the horse bucks.

Whenever he puts random things in his mouth and we ask him to spit it out, this is the face we get.



Mom and Dad came up this weekend...which we enjoyed very much and as always, seemed to go way too fast. Unfortunately these are the only 2 shots I got of our weekend activities. Resting after church and dinner.

Thanks for coming up Mom and Dad!! Wish we lived closer so we could do this sort of thing more often.
B keeps an eye on Grandpa...he must knows there's usually something fun when around that guy...at least something useful to learn like how to use the kitchen tongs to chase Gma around and pinch her. These are the sort of lessons I learned and hope to pass along to all my kids.





Learning about sharks

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails