Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Don't even think about crossing her....

Or you're likely to get a face that looks very similar to this:


She doesn't like it when I pass her up in the stroller while she is walking...and let's me know immediately.
She will doggedly force every piece of food onto her fork/spoon before eating it...even if it takes 4 times as long as just using her fingers.
She hates it when I try to make her finish all her food. (See fat, bloody lips below for further evidence).
She also is not a big fan of sitting still for any length of time for pictures. You have about 2 poses of 45 seconds each....then, just give up cause there's no way you'll win that battle. We tried it last Sunday. I'm a slow learner. 
Don't you dare try to get out of reading the same book a minimum of 2 times each.
While she is eating, don't try telling her how good it's going to be. She will wait until you are no longer looking at her, then carefully slide the bowl back to reachability, take the food, and enjoy it on her terms.
When she is done eating, you have about 4 seconds to unbuckle her, grab her hands, restrain them and race to the sink to wipe them off before all contents find their way into her hair. (Yesterday she gave herself a tomato shampoo job after dinner).



However, when you pick her up from her nap, she will give you a million-dollar smile. You're her best friend....(until she finds her next object of desire and you're no longer of any use).
She can find the greatest pleasure in playing with her brother. It's one of my all-time, hands-down favorite parts of being a mother...hearing the two of them giggle together. Ash got to watch/hear her laugh and run around when she and her brother were teasing each other.
She loves seeing her Dad come home from work. I mention the "D" word around 5 o'clock and the moment the door opens, she has so much energy and emotion built up, it all comes flooding out with a loud, energetic squeal of delight. I need to record it one day to show her later on.

She is going through the terrible twos.....at 18 months. A bit early. From what I hear, this could last for another 4 more years. Every time she marks on the wall with the cranyons she stole from her brother or thrashes her body around when it's time to eat, I just have to remind myself......it's just a phase.....she'll grow out of it.....she really is a sweet girl deep down........better yet, she'll have kids one day........ :)  :)  :)

1 comment:

natalie said...

After reading this post and the one above it, I am beginning to think we have the EXACT same kids! My kids don't love food. They rarely ask for it. And they are so skinny and petite. It is my biggest worry every single day! I will say that Porter is growing to love and need more food as of lately. I have to tell myself "they will eat when they are hungry."

Our little girls seem so similar too. They have the same teeny body and spunky spirit.

Too bad we don't live by one another. Im sure they would be great friends! Hang in there with the food!
Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails