Monday, February 14, 2011

New Year in Vegas

We spend New Year's Eve in Vegas. They put on a good show. But, I don't think we even saw any of it....
My little sister just had her baby about 2 weeks earlier and we couldn't wait to see the brand new babe. From the way he is progressing, we better get down there often before he makes the varsity Football team next year. He is a cute, sweet boy....and so were the rest of the people we saw during our stay in cold, windy Vegas.
I hope we do a little of this next Tuesday (but I do not want to bring any beanies, jackets or gloves....enough already!):
 Stroll around the neighborhood.
Beautiful Abby girl and her momma.
 Rough and tough. Don't mess with her. I love this girl.

 Woah, somebody go find a brush, quick!! (Or a camera). I went for the camera. Hair like that has to be documented.


 Gma and her two grandsons. Pretty cool. She now has 2 of each kind.
 I think Grandma likes her job. Especially when she has both hands occupied. The more the merrier for this lady.


Brand new baby...drowning in his carseat. Has he grown any bigger, Court? Will you be buying him a front facing carseat next week? 

 Aunty is a great tickler and wrestler. Always good for a few laughs and giggles. So be careful when walking around her general vicinity.
A 3 generation photo. And Jace is so pleased to be there.
He already makes great faces. Comical kid.

Beautiful baby
Who said you stop glowing when the fat belly goes away? Court seems to be enjoying this new stage in her life very much. Maternal instincts and enjoyment of all things 'motherhood' must be a trait that we learned from our own Mother (just this morning I found myself saying something that my Mom used to say to me. It made me smile.)....cause it seems like the 3 girls with kids find the job very satisfying....how can you not???
Paying close attention. He'll be reading to Court by Preschool.
Domestic Steph baking up some good Sugar Cookies that many of us enjoyed....thanks, Steph. I'll take an Oreo Shake next week. You take orders in advance, right?

I like him.
And that was a good looking tree.

What are you looking at??

 Poppy, they missed a spot!

I hope she feels better and gives us a whole lot more of these [smiles] next week. She wasn't so happy last time my parents were in town. But with an extra nap a day, her temperament has improved drastically. And she has been eating better....so that has also helped. She is a tricky one to figure out.

What do you do when you're waiting for everyone else to wake up? Go into Poppy's den and find some good reads. He has plenty of them. If you're ever wondering what to read next, just give him a call and tell him your current choice of genre.

Oh! I think I hear the door opening....my best friend is up!!
There he is!!!
She raced over to him (sometimes will give an excited squeal as she runs over)....and gave him a kiss on the head. What a way to start the day.
Once you get oriented, go find Poppy, and bring a book. Turns out, he's a great storyteller. Dr. Suess would be proud.
At least Kyleigh Mae and little B were completely engrossed. Two toddlers at the same time? No problem.



Kids are requesting Green Eggs and Ham (there is a train in there), Red Fish Blue Fish, and Go Dog, Go......you take order in advance too, right?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails