Monday, February 28, 2011

Snack time?

My little boy hardly likes to eat. I thought he was bad, but then I met his sister. Sometimes I have to say extra prayers during breakfast and lunch just to keep me calm when after I sort through the entire contents of the fridge and pantry in search of foods that the kids will actually consume...only to have them throw it all on the wall and floor. I think I swept twice and mopped once today alone.

So, when Brenden looks up from his firestation playhouse and asks me for some food, I am shocked. Floored. We finished lunch just an hour ago and he ate fairly well. Almost the whole corn dog, 1/4 of the jar of peaches, and a few goldfish crackers just for almost finishing his corn dog. So now he wants snacks? This is not normal, but I very happily oblige.....it's not every day my kids actually ask me for food. I have to bargain, bribe, stuff, and force food into their little mouths 99% of the time.

So, what did I feed him? A corn muffin from the night before, warmed up in the microwave with a generous slather of butter on top. He finished most of it before I had to go grab his sister from her nap who just woke up, but when I got back into the kitchen, I found crumbs all over the counter top, the stools pushed away from the counter, and the broom and dustpan on the floor next to the pantry with another healthy dose of crumbs on the floor.
I should have guessed.....snack time was really code for...playtime with something other than conventional toys.
But hey, at least 75% of it was actually consumed before being turned into homemade confetti.

And, he did attempt to clean up after himself. Attaboy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails