Friday, April 8, 2011

President's Day weekend in Vegas

For some reason, I thought I had already posted about our President's Day trip to Vegas for Court and Jared's baby Jace's blessing. But I was wrong, so here it is. (My brain no longer registers much short term memory, so the pictures are all out of order and with no rhyme or reason, so, here's what the camera remembers.......)

The girls spending a little time together...admiring each others shoes (it's a girly thing)
...or eating them. (I don't think that's a girly thing).
Maybe the other one tastes differently?


We need Abby in this shot. Maybe she can take Kyleigh's spot who is trying to make a get-away. She no longer holds Jared's full attention anymore and wants out of this sloppy seconds stuff.

Enough of this indoor shoe admiring/eating fest. Let's get some outdoor playtime on a kid bike trail....and he doesn't even need to travel anywhere to do so. Pretty slick. There are plenty of curves and slight inclines to keep it exciting. Maybe we could even have a grandkid race someday. No, I don't think it's a double track, so better keep it a time trials race only.


Uh oh, we have an escape artist. Too early for pool party just yet, Kyleigh.

Back inside, Abs gives us some camera time while taking a break from entertaining her father.

More footwear consumption.

Looks like Grandpa isn't the only one around who can provide some good story-time action.


I hope Thomas the Tank Engine makes it back to the Station in time...

This is a common gesture seen on this girl. Happy, content, good posture and pleased to be around anyone to give her the time of day.

Maybe Uncle John skipped over her favorite part. She had to go back and catch up.
Either Grandma and Grandpa could use a few little kid chairs for comfortability or throw in a couple more rugs on the hard ground for the little ones to sit and take in a good book.
I read somewhere that a child's probability for educational success (or something to that affect) has more to do with whether they have books in the home than the level of education the parents attained.

Baby Jace wondering who is trying to grab his attention now.
Asking Mom if it's ok to let this lady take his picture....again.


Kyleigh is not the only girl who can appreciate a good Train book.

There are Grandparents all over the place. And looks like they are never too old to play some games.

If I have my date right, this man is almost in his 80th year. And has lived quite the varied and full life. If you want a good biographical read, ask me for his book Jerry.

Maybe this is the secret to longevity? Games of pool with family?

On Sunday, Jace Kalieoaiefjl;sdkfmew Noa was blessed. Always a fun thing to gather for. And he looked dashing in his all white suit.
"Get that thing out of my face....or I'll knock your block off!"

However, he's too small to intimidate me...yet....so we shoved some pillows and blanket under him and snapped a few more.

Zoolander?

Really good mixture of Jared and Court.
I'm pulling for Chile (as I'm sure his Dad is as well)  

Kyleigh making sure to initiate the kid. Letting him know just how things roll around the grandkid roost. 


Sizing each other up.
Kyleigh, if you want to keep the upper hand, you're going to have to put more of your food in your mouth than under your highchair. 

Courtney, when we get to Powell, lay off the SPF 50. Your kid can have the 10.

Newly updated Noa Family. I think 3 looks better than 2 anyway.
Proud Noa Grandparents.   (Now, why didn't we grab the other set of Grandparents while all was in place? Should have. And then grab the Great Grandparents too.)

Handsome Noa family. This one will be old in a few more months when Carly and Josh add their piece to the mix.

4 Generations. Court, looks like you should have worn white:)  But, you all still look great.


This man has 11 GREAT Grandchildren...soon to be 12 when DaNell has her 3rd. Quite the vast posterity. And I think he enjoys it.

Courtney gets a good portion of her culinary skills from this side of the family...they read cookbooks like regular books. It's just hard to disconnect the name King with Food. And we would never have it any other way. Trent probably wishes that I would have inherited a bit more of that specific gene/trait. I'm learning... 

And everything I said about a varied and full life as well as incredible culinary skills also applies to the fullest extent to this lady.

I think the Grandkid # is in the 30s and like I said earlier, Great-grandkids are at 11. And yet, she keeps up with every single one of us. Maybe it's the small group trips she takes us on when we are high school graduate age. Or maybe it's the huge Family dinner parties. Or perhaps it's the constant Family Reunions she organizes and takes us all on. I have seen both sides of this country's coast because of these two as well as a few places in Europe. I don't even want to think of the time and organization it took to take the whole family to Disney World. But all of us cousins continue to talk about the things we used to do while running free around Disney's parks at night. That was over 10 years ago. It's because we genuinely enjoy getting together....and thanks to them, we did it often.

Another 4 Generation female shot.

That's pretty sweet of Scotty to read to his Dad.

Oh, it's for the naked baby.

Must have been a long story. Brenden had time to catch a few pages. And such an intense story. I hope the kid finally found out who was at the bottom of all the chasing going on. So does Brenden...
(Nice hair cut, Scotty.)


Uncle Jared is fun.

These 2 guys were having a hard time getting the bike put together, so I had to send in reinforcements....Superman to the rescue.

Bike or no bike, Kyleigh wants out.


For Breakfast, you need to grab all the waffle irons you own. A minimum of 2. Three is best unless you have a few late risers.


Brenden wants to do 'Cheers'.

Dad has a long way to get to 30. He's evened out the score, though, with the female to male ratio.


Another sock about to be lost.

That's a good kid chair. Maybe I can direct Kyleigh to this thing rather than the rug on the floor next time she wants to sit back and relax with a good book. Thanks Abs for showing us how it's done (minus the book).

Coming in closer....but still cautious.

I don't remember the occasion. Only that Scott tried to avoid the hug but failed.

This table had very few breaks during the weekend.
Uh oh, did Grandpa lose? It's ok. Next time.

Steph and John were saying their goodbyes. (And wearing shorts and short sleeves in February. While I had a long black jacket and long warm pants. Something ain't right).



Saying goodbye to Auntie.

Lucky for the Cannons, she is a great baby on road trips. I heard she slept a good portion of the ride.



Back inside, I find this:
Few more inches, babe. Then you can join the big kids. But I'm sure that there will be many more Grandkid pool and ping pong competitions to come. Just wait.

Lucky for me, these kids were out before we reached the 215. Must have been all the food, books, pool, ping pong, food, playing with cousins, so many aunties and uncles to wrestle and run around with, and food. Quick story I don't want to forget...while at Church for Baby Jace's blessing, our family took up a few rows and Brenden wanted to join the Grandparents. He takes a seat next to them, turns around and just when it gets quiet for the sacrament, he says not so quietly, "BYU! BYU! BYU!". It was out of the blue, and while I was half trying to shush him to be reverent for the Sacrament, I couldn't have been prouder. Good boy. A great thing to reflect on during a time of meditation.
Thanks for the great trip. And food. Smoked Briskets and Ribs are a great reason to travel 360+ miles.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails