Our friend, Jen T, told us about a book (http://www.amazon.com/Notable-Childrens-Books-Younger-Readers/dp/0152053042 ) she used to show kids she taught how to make animals or people out of different colored leaves you collect as you walk down the street. Brenden and I did our homework and went out to collect some cool leaves to make some animals. It's true, I did not grow up with such a wide variety of natural color. In the dry desert, anything other than brown is man-made; so this was pretty cool to see...
My favorites are the leaves with at least 3 distinct colors on them...
Should be enough for a few elephants, lions, tigers and bears...
It's on fire
And only in Ohio do you see squirrels running around like regular (outdoor) house pets. Kyleigh was dangerously close to one the other day. Unfortunately, some are getting too used to humans.
The view of red, yellow, gold and green trees are right outside my front window.
(While the trees are nice during the fall, once the leaves do fall, it's not so nice. Seems like you have to rake more than mow the lawn here)
1 comment:
I agree, I LOVE Ohio Fall!! It is just so pretty to me, like something out of a painting and its in our backyard :) although the raking part does stink a bit..well at least for the parents, I know my kids love the leaf piles :)
Post a Comment