Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Dorney Park in Allentown, Pennsylvania

Over Memorial Day weekend, we took the kids to visit my cousin in PA and see the sites over there. On our first full day, Brooke suggested we take the kids over to Dorney Park. We trusted her kid-entertainment instincts (which turned out to be spot-on), and donned our jackets to spend the day there. It was only about 15 minutes from her place. The coldest day was this first day, and although the Park had a water amusement area, they had to close it eventually because it got too cold to get wet. That's alright by us, Planet Snoopy kept us plenty busy.


Trent telling Brooke about the size of his philly cheese steak sandwich he's going to eat while in PA. Not really. I have no idea. I swore off all carousels while pregnant the last time I went with B & K.

This kiddie ride area was huge. Kept the kids plenty busy. We all watched the kids go on several of these rides, then ate, and afterward Brooke and Trent went to go ride some adult rides while I took the kids on more planet snoopy rides so they wouldn't have to sit and watch Brooke and Trent. win-win.

Ok, so brooke and I may have had to join the kids on some of the kiddie rides. B could go alone, but Kyleigh couldn't and Brooke and I just didn't want to be left out of the riveting bus ride.

Brenden is a nice older brother to let his little sis pick out the color of their helicopter.

We sat out on this ride. Played the bystander role. (It wasn't just cold, but windy that day).


Successful so far.
...he also let her pick out their car to drive around the track. Lucky girl to have B. She may have to live it up since I'm not so sure the next boy is going to be so accommodating.

Brenden went on a crazy mouse roller coaster with Brooke and Trent and I took Kyleigh on a tea cup ride. And I held the center wheel perfectly still the entire time so that no spinning would occur. She still thought it was fun cause we went around the circle, just no spinning.

Snoopy loves (She wouldn't go around the live on later on though. Only Brenden was brave enough for that. Plastic and fake are safe, but if it has fur and moves, she's like my little sis Steph...won't go near the thing).

Brenden liked this ride...until the first curve when it rips you around faster than it seems like it should on such a little, slow ride. Brooke and I were surprised with the force and speed of the turn and laughed at Brenden's startled expression. Kyleigh had Trent in the passenger seat so she was ok.

This is about the time when B was begging the operator to turn this thing off!

We walked by the stage just in time for the performance. But after a whole minute, we were all ready to move on. Brenden got up after awhile and said, "that's enough. Let's get going, guys!"

Another roller coaster. This one went high, but kinda slow. B and Trent in one train car and Brooke, Kyleigh and I in another.

This one moved, so Kyleigh kept her distance.

I think this was 1 of about 3 trains we saw at the park...and B wanted to try every one of them. He and K Mae even grabbed the front chair.

Yelling out to everyone, "All Aboard"!!!!

B's excitement wears off on her and she gets pretty animated over locomotives now.

Brooke told us Chickie's & Pete's was supposed to have great crab fries.


We ordered the philly cheesesteak, chicken tenders and crab fries. (It was still pretty cold during lunch...had to try to keep the little kids warm since they have so little body heat production of their own).

B and I tried out this ride that swung you around in a big circle and the turns were even more swift and intense...he didn't like it at first, but had to convince him that it was fun! And when it was over, he ran on it again to take a second run with Brooke.
Fun times.

Kyleigh liked it too.




While Brooke and Trent took off for the big kid rides, our first stop was the train that circles a good part of the park.


Kids watched this one and decided against riding.

I love this next sequence. Kyleigh and I rode this one together when Brenden did the mouse one with Brooke and Trent, so she knew it was fun and not scary. But Brenden wasn't convinced and no one was there to tell him any different, so he has a petrified look-holding on for dear life attitude, while Kyleigh has both hands up and screaming out in joy!


Same thing ended up happening on this ride :)

These two are pretty different in almost every area. Makes it fun.



Last ride of the day was the cars. Was also the longest wait. We almost walked right onto every other ride the entire day.

Brooke was so good to show us around. And she even acted like she liked it. We hope she did. We sure enjoyed having her around and playing hostess. These Waldie folk know how to have a good time.


After a long, exhausting day...these kids were ready for bed. And a little hard to get them to settle down onto their beds, but once their head hit the pillow....they were out cold. It's no wonder they've been asking why we can't go back and visit Brooke and Todd again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails