Monday, August 12, 2013

Phone Camera Dump

Kids helped announce the new gender count coming in October this year.


I think this was near Headlands at Lake Erie. We've been here before, but after this trip decided not to go again-the place stunk with all the rotting fish and birds we found littered all over the sand. Gross.


So, I'm obviously quite behind in the blogging, and since I pulled out the blog books from 2007 and 2008 and loved looking through all the old memories and things the kids did, I need to pick up my game and do these posts more regularly since it's hard to remember the great, fun details when so many months have passed.
This is Kyleigh at her Preschool graduation. They performed a few songs for the parents, and walk up to accept their diploma, a bag of treats and booklet of everyone's self portrait drawing they did in class. So far, Trent hasn't been able to make either of Brenden's preschool graduations, Kindergarten graduation, nor Kyleigh's. Maybe he'll make it to their High School ones. Kyleigh wasn't a big fan of her Preschool graduation either. Wouldn't come up to get her diploma until I held her hand and walked up with her. And didn't care to stick around much afterward to socialize. (The smile in the picture below took some heavy luring to get produced). We have her in a different Preschool this coming year, so maybe things will be different this next go-around.

As you can see...not impressed with what's going on.

Barely enduring the pain of it all..


At home, this girl holds no restraint with her brother. Here he was, peacefully enjoying a show...

He gives protest, albeit in a weak way
And later gives up the useless fight and allows her to encroach on his space.

Kyleigh makes friends easily and quickly when at the park. If her brother is there, she may not feel the need to do so, but without him, she automatically feels like there's an element of play missing- a pal-and she allows anyone to run around with her and climb all over the attractions. At this particular park on this day, there were 3 different boys whom she ran around with at separate times. I was enjoying a good book, so I let her just play and play since she was having so much fun.
Same day and park, different boy than the one above.

Sometimes I give her my iTouch to watch a little Bugs Bunny. This is her go-to choice and the one that can appease both she and her brother...ok, and the one that I don't mind listening to either.

I walk into the bathroom, and find this little surprise set-up. Kyleigh received a Merida doll with her 3 brothers and a bear for them to fit inside for her birthday a year ago. Guess she thought the bear was longing for some outside roaming and she indulged. (Blinds pulled up just enough for the bear to look out and hooked inside the window handle so as to not fall down....clever).

I particularly like it when she comes downstairs with little accessory pieces added.

Or when she climbs up the stairs with picnic and camping gear all ready to set up.

She needed a little company on her camping/picnic outing.

Being pregnant can give a woman some weird cravings. Mine has been Mexican. All the time. And for breakfast one morning, I couldn't resist the urge-just had to warm a small bowl of refried beans, sprinkle a little cheese and throw it down with some tortilla chips. YUM!! :)

B had one of those Milestone moments of his life-he learned how to ride a bike without training wheels!!! And he did fantastic! Trent took us to the church parking lot that had just been resurfaced so it was the smoothest place without many potholes or concrete coming up in places. It also has a slight decline toward the grass, so that would help B easily navigate where to go and end in a soft spot if he couldn't stop and needed to crash. It was a perfect location and after a few pointers and trial runs, he got it! And he had the sweetest little cheerleader in his sister who got so excited for him when he did it!

Not quite yet for her, but maybe soon. :)

Video of said milestone moment:


Trent had such a phenomenal FHE that I wanted it documented. He built wise man and foolish man's houses out of Lincoln logs in our garden. And brought the hose over to show the kids what happens when you don't build right. Very visual and fun=perfect for the kids. They asked Trent to do it again. :)
Trent had their attention riveted for this FHE

When B and K finished their school year, it is tradition to give the teacher a gift. After scouring a few ideas on the internet, we decided on this one: attach a few signs/saying to some fresh fruit and throw into a bowl.
Apple: You are awesome to the CORE. Banana: I'm Bananas for your class. Plum: You're pretty much plum perfect. Carmel dip: Relax and take a dip. Pear: I hope it's aPEARant that I appreciate you. Orange: Orange you glad it's almost summer?

Both kids loved delivering these to their teachers.
B's teacher put together a memory book for each of her students and personalized parts of it. What a phenomenal treasure. Some things she wanted to remember about Brenden in Kindergarten: hard worker, very sweet, knight (for Halloween), gaining confidence (was very very shy at first), a little quiet, learning to print, cooperative, George Washington (for Famous American day at school), a pleasure to have in class.

Found out the gender of baby # 3. Definitely a male.
And this baby boy loves Mexican. So much so that I attempted to duplicate Taco Bell's mexican pizza.

Meanwhile, this girl continues to flourish in her crazy, spunky character. And we wouldn't have it any other way.




1 comment:

Sarah said...

oh I loved all of those pictures! Almost felt like I wasn't so far away. Brenden's face in that first picture announcing the baby gender is pure excitement! Can't wait to see B and K with their sweet little brother. And that teacher's fruit basket idea was awesome, definitely stealing that one day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails