Trent in his pre-operation garb. This will mark his 4th surgery on the same thumb! Poor guy. We're hoping that this one is the last! He has really been positive through the whole thing. He is so active and loves sports that to miss out on a few weeks and basically not have the use of his thumb was hard. We're glad the operation went smoothly and he now has fairly good use of his thumb. I think it was hardest right after the surgery when he would have to call me in to help change Brenden's diaper or snap Brenden's clothes since he couldn't do it one handed and without the use of his 'pincher'.
This is Brenden's cute cousin Cedar Curtis. I am so glad I caught this face on camera because it has become her trademark. It's the face she makes mostly when she discovers something, is surprised by something or wants to show us something. Happy almost birthday Cedar!! She will be 2 on Feb 6.
Brenden's aunt Tree and cousins Jack and Cedar. Tree had just given Brenden ALOT of really cool cars, trains, and trucks. He is going to have so much fun with these for years to come. Just hope he doesn't gnaw them to death before his brothers have a chance to play with them.
Brenden and his cousin Jack! Jack is the best behaved boy I have met. He can make the best faces and say the funniest comments. Just look how angelic he is sitting!
Dad helping Brenden to "walk" to his room. We do this for most changings and bedtimes. Brenden actually loves "walking" and when he sits on my lap, he'll look around for my fingers, grab a hold of them and lift himself up and then try to walk.
I guess he is just looking back to check if mom is still watching.

Dad playing with Brenden. B's favorite game is peek-a-boo. His laugh gets really contagious.
Just after sledding at Tree's house. She lives at the very top of a canyon so there is a great hill right by her house. Also, since she is building a barn, they made a switchback to get down to the barn and that also made for a great sledding run. Afterward we had the best hot chocolate-Stevens.
Trent, Brenden, Uncle Neil and cousin Marcel. We got to see them when they came through Utah during the Christmas holiday. Brenden got some crawling advice from his cousin Marcel who was born 3 days before him.
This is Ashlyn who is a girl from our ward who we love as well as her mom for taking care of Brenden when we go to the temple, or anytime during church. She told me that her moms name is "The Baby Stealer". We sure love them both and couldn't think of better people to watch Brenden.
Brenden being happy during eating time. I cant decide if that is a King trait-getting super happy when its meal time (even making up dances to certain foods)-or a Sorensen trait-his dad will eat almost anything, anytime. A true bottomless hole.
I love this face. It's such an oscar-winning frown face. I really feel sad for the miniature man.
And the next second he's not! I think he's trying to tell me something; its probably time to put the camera down and feed the hungry boy.
Trent and Brenden at BYU mens basketball game. We won this one easily.
Brenden enjoying the shows-both the one in front of him and behind him.
Saw Cosmo coming up the stairs beside us and asked if he would take a picture with Brenden. He happily did (Brenden wasnt so sure at first and stuck out his beer belly).
During football season, Steph and I were going to get hot chocolate and met Cosmo, so we snapped a shot. Steph looks fearsome, doesnt she? I think she was trying to imitate the Cougar growl to show off for Cosmo.
Trent's sweet outfit for sledding. We decided to go up to Soda Springs, ID to celebrate Trent's mom's birthday and my niece Sarah Wood's baptism. Both were alot of fun and we're very glad we made the trip. I picked Trent up from work, made it up to Soda in time to sing Happy Birthday to Mary and share some cake and visit. Next morning, woke up early to drive to American Falls, ID for Sarah's baptism (which was very nice), ate at Chili's afterward, drove back to Soda to go sledding for just an hour before we had to be back, change again and go to Trent's old friend's wedding reception. Quite an exhausting weekend. Luckily we left Soda right before a huge snow storm hit because we crossed a few roads that aren't plowed and we would've been stuck for the night.The hill (rabbit hill) where a farm is located during the summer season but turns into a great and very popular sledding hill. There was a 4-wheeler running constantly, taking a group of people up the mountain.
My two boys playing together. Brenden really loved Dad bouncing him on the bed. I think he was trying to signal for him to go another round.
Another road trip somewhere and couldn't resist taking a photo.
On the way home from the Idaho weekend trip mentioned above. I can't help watching him sleep!! I often wonder if babies go back to Heaven while they sleep to visit or get some more advice before the veil gets thicker.
9 comments:
cute pictures, nicole. we made our blog available to invitees only, so i need your email address. email me at fizzaith@netscape.net and i'll make sure to invite you. i think we did that right after i found you, so sorry if that seemed a little rude!
Nicole,
Ya we wish we were closer to family as well. My parents built a house here in Cedar this past year, so we get to see them quite a bit. Let me know when you come to town!
~Adrianne
Hey Nicole! You probably have no idea who I am, but I went to high school with Trent. I got to see Trent on the 4th of July, and I was so sad that I didn't get to meet you and your little boy. He is so cute! Tell Trent Hi! You guys have such a cute blog. Take care!
Oh and I was looking through your friend links, and I noticed Kelti and Bobby. My brother-in-law goes to dental school with him, and they are pretty good friends. What a small world!
Hi Nicole...thanks for the comment on my blog. You have the cutest blog page! I have been wanting to redo mine for a long time. I have just been kinda busy! Your family is too cute. It was good to hear from ya...we'll have to stay in touch. Tell Steph "Hello" for me.
Oh the good old hyper-hypo. That was definitely me. Yesterday I decided that I wanted to see how many of my old friends have blogs. I just typed in 'Trent and Nicole Sorensen' in a search and I found you. I could only search for peope that I could remember their spouses name though or their new last names, so I am glad I could remember your's!
Those pictures are all so cute and fun! It looks like you guys have been super busy! Brenden is so cute!!
Hey Nicole, it's nice to catch up by reading your blog.Your little boy is so cute, I love his crazy hair! I am glad that you are doing well.
Awww- cute pictures!!! I love looking through your blog... you're sucha pro! Hey, how did you get that cute background?
Post a Comment