Monday, January 21, 2008

Fettuccine Alfredo


After wondering what to make for dinner tonight and not wanting to be in the kitchen for an hour to prepare the meal, eat it in 10 min and then spend another 20 cleaning and saving the leftovers, I wanted something quick, easy but not processed. So I went to my old favorite-Fettuccine Alfredo. My mom taught me this one and not only is it quick, but it has so few ingredients and the best part of all is it tastes absolutely fabulous. I usually start the boiling water to cook the noodles in (I like to use penne noodles because the sauce gets inside the noodles and makes a more rich and tasty treat than regular fettuccine noodles). Then I take out 1 cube of cream cheese (has to be Philadelphia in this case because all the others just don't bring the same goodness taste) and 1 cube of butter and throw them both in the pan to melt. Once they melt, I add Parmesan cheese (I never measure how much-more if you want more cheesy taste or less if more creamy taste, but probably around 1/4-1/2 cup according to desired taste. Just start with less and then taste it and add more if you want). And then pour some milk in until texture is creamy. If you feel like you added too much Parmesan cheese, just add more milk to disguise it. Take noodle from boiling water and swoosh around sauce till coated and bring to mouth after cooled down a bit to taste some of the best alfredo sauce that is so quick, but also so good. Add pepper and chicken or any other treats, but simple is good for me with this dish so that I can taste as much as the Alfredo as possible. Sprinkle more Parmesan after serving and enjoy.
Ingredients:
1 cube butter
1 cube cream cheese (Philadelphia) 8oz
Parmesan cheese
Milk
That's it! Last night my husband and I debated to see who would take the leftovers for lunch. He won.

3 comments:

LuDLoW LiFe said...

Hey Nicole,

This is Adrianne(Yardley)Ludlow. How are you? It's been a long time. your little guy is so cute. Come check us out at ludlowlife.blogspot.com
~Adrianne

steph j. said...

anything with butter and cream cheese has got to be amazing, i will have to try this...i'm confused though; how is it that you and your mom stay so skinny and cute? if you have a secret you can share with me, i'd love to be in on it. thanks for the new recipe!

Randall Seeley said...

This sounds so good! I'm going to have to try it sometime. Thanks for the recipe!
-Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails