Thursday, January 3, 2008

My boy is 8 Months old!

My new favorite picture of Brenden. Hair crazy like always and funny expression. This was taken by G-ma during a breakfast they were making for alot of people.
Love this happy, smiling boy
Dad holding Baby B at Lake Powell. Next year he can play in the water and maybe not fall asleep during every boat ride.
Grandpa feeding Brenden at Chilis. He does remember how to do it!
Aunty Steph holding Brenden moments after birth. Such a very good and caring aunt. Not much better.

As a new mom and one that gets to stay home with the little guy, I am amazed at how fast he seems to learn new things. A few of his new developments are: he now does not like to just "sit" on your lap. He searches for two fingers to grasp with both hands so that he can pull himself up to stand. Trent and I both believe that he will walk before he crawls.
He is trying out his vocal cords more confidently. It is not uncommon to hear screaming while playing with his toys or just at whatever is in front of him. He likes the new sounds he can make, but he likes them loud.
He really enjoys music. I have tried several times to record his "groovin", but everytime I get the videocamera out, he stops. He started just grooving with his whole body, then for awhile would start to really rock out with head jerks that scared me they would be quite violent (and dangerous as my mom and I got a blow to the nose during one of his rockin out episodes). Luckily he hasn't done that for awhile.
He now eats between 3-4 times a day instead of every 2-3 hours. If he eats alot of solids, he will only eat 3 times, if not he'll usually eat 4 times. This has opened up alot of time for mommy (preparing, feeding, burping and cleaning up takes a good chunk of time, but it was always calming, relaxing and good bonding time).
He has now been to a football game in heat so bad we had to stand in the tunnel for shade and some wind, football in the rain which also took us to the tunnel (not home since that is too far away now and we'd miss most of the game:) ), a basketball game at the Marriot Center, basketball game at Energy Solutions arena, many many movies (his favorite was Ratatouille), vacations to Idaho for 4th of July and Thanksgiving, to Cedar Mountains for camping, Lake Powell for boating, Arizona for Great Grandma Kings surprise party as well as cousin Brad's homecoming from mission in Canada, several trips between Utah and Las Vegas (moving back and forth, surgeries for Dad's thumb, and Christmas), and visit to Idaho Ranch near Sun Valley. Thankfully, B sleeps well in the car and does sleep in other places besides his crib just fine.
His hair continues to grow straight up and out. It's getting longer but still sticking straight up, which also gives him great bed head in the morning. If he turns his head to both sides during the night, his hair will be pushed toward the middle on both sides and give him a mo-hawkish look.
The best part of my day is going into Brenden's room when he wakes up. He gets the biggest smile on his face and starts squealing and making croaking sounds (because he doesn't stop squealing even when he breathes in, so the squeal becomes a croak sound as he inhales). I can't imagine anything better than being his mom, just can't wait to hear him say "mom" and refer to me! Wow.

His sown-on-tie shirt for church that G-ma bought.
Dad's favorite outfit!
Already holding a football...good job, son.

4 comments:

kanddgregory said...

Nicole,
Where did you get the cute header on your blog? I would love to change mine but I don't know how to do it. Please give me the info.

Mindy said...

Your son is so dang cute. I just love his smile. And your header is great how did you do that? You are so beautiful (you always have been) and even more so you are the most amazing person in your heart. I have always thought so highly of you. You are just one of those people that shines from the inside out. I am honored to know you.

natalie said...

Brendan is so sweet. When Porter turned 8 months I thought that seemed SO much older than 7. It was the number 8 for whatever reason I just thought it seemed older. I love his hair. Too bad we could not get those little boys together while we were still in Utah. Someday.... :)

Bekah said...

He's soooooooo adorable!!!! I'm so excited we're blogger buddies:-) Love you and miss you tonz!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails