Thursday, February 21, 2008

Shaq-the newest Sun

Me, Steph and Scott in front of the Phoenix Suns hot air balloon when we lived in Phoenix. We were Suns fans back then and loyalty has not changed since.

Shaq has always been a very candid and funny guy in my opinion. He is quite well-known, even to those who do not follow basketball. He played his first game with the Suns last night and once again showed his drive as a champion. He has not played in a game since mid-January and yet shocked everyone, even Coach D'Antoni with how much "steam" "The Diesel" had late in the game. The following quote is what Shaq had to say about the game last night: http://www.nba.com/suns/news/shaq_debut_080220.html

“In the last couple of years,” O’Neal explained, “a couple of knick-knack injuries have slowed me down, so therefore you earthlings automatically think I can’t run. But Steve Nash has instructed me to get my Randy Moss on, so I’ll just try to be the first down court and they will hit me. This is only our first game playing and we’re not really used to each other – and when we do get used to each other, we’ll be the most dangerous team ever created.”


Shaq's nicknames:

The Diesel
The Big Cactus
The Senior Adviser
The Big Aristotle
The Big Daddy
Wilt Chamberneezy
The Real Deal
Shaq Fu
Doctor Shaq (after earning his MBA)

Two of my favorite players

During Wed night game vs LakersThe Big Cactus
Shaq and Jordan

Shaq holding Akeem

1 comment:

The Halligan's said...

Hey Nicole,
I saw your name on Adrianne's blog! Just wanted to say hello. It's been awhile. I think your little one is SOOOO cute! He looks like his daddy! I am glad to see that you are doing great!
-Amanda Halligan (Hafen)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails