On Feb 19th I went in for my ultrasound and found out we're having a GIRL! Since I was overzealous when pregnant with Brenden and had a boy and a girl name picked out before we found out that B was a boy, I already had a girl's name that Trent and I both like. So our new little girl with be Kyleigh Mae.Trent was there at the ultrasound and we were both really excited to find out and that she seems healthy and all limbs intact. Neither Trent nor I cared which one-there were benefits to having each one (a boy=no need to buy more clothes, crib bedding, car seat, etc and a play mate for B; a girl=fun girl shopping, a play mate for Mom:) and someone to even out the destruction phases of boys). She was very active during the ultrasound and has given me a very different pregnancy than Brenden's. I hope that is not a foreshadow of what is to come... :) I have been spoiled by Brenden's easy temperament.
Having one of each will be nice. I look forward to doing her hair up with curls and cute bows, dressing her in the pretty pink dresses that my Mom bought the day we found out that we were having little Kyleigh. I can't wait to teach her the proper way to play dolls like my sister Steph and I did...not just hours at a time, but days at a time. We would honestly take a whole day to dress them, style their hair, decide which Ken was matched up with which Barbie, where their houses were and decorate those...there was so much to be done before actually playing with them. I wonder if she will like to dance or play sports. I hope she will be comfortable enough to come to us when something is scary to her, but strong enough to be brave to go back to bed once we find there is no more danger in her bedroom. It sure is nice to have her inside of me where I feel like she is getting all the protection and nutrients that she needs, but I can't wait to meet her. August 2nd is a long time to wait.
9 comments:
yay! congrats! and what a great name!!! :)
Girls are a lot of fun. We sure love our little girls. Congrats!!
I was totally guessing a BOY! I am so surprised it's a girl! I cannot wait to see her! Now I really wished we lived close so we could go shopping for our little girlies together!
Congrats! That's so exciting! Just like us...a boy then a girl. It's fun to have one of each first. Micah & Mariah play really well together (although they fight really well together, too!) lol It's fun to get Mariah all dolled up and cute, too. You'll have fun doing that...and as for the temperament...Micah was VERY mild, and Mariah was/is a TORNADO!! (Fortunately, too, Mercedes is mild, so at least I have one of each for my girls...I just wonder how my girls will play together once they are old enough to do so, since Micah & Mariah are good buddies!)
Good luck with your pregnancy, and have SO MUCH FUN picking out girl things!!
Hey Nicole! Congrats! I'm sure that she'll be as beautiful as you! I love the name you picked out for her as well! Take care!
Congrats on the baby girl!
Congrats! I didn't know you were pregnant! SURPRISE!! Girls are a lot of fun! I haven't taught the doll thing YET but thanks for the "right way" idea! :)
Congratulations! Girls are so much fun! Hope you are feeling well!
Thanks. Things are going really well. I'm feeling good. (much better than a month ago). And Trent is preparing for pink...and making sure Brenden doesn't learn anymore girly type things with 2 of us being with B most of the time. Should be a fun road ahead.
Post a Comment